Relegation watch

Spanish

Tbh, I didn't really want coventry to win last night- it moves them above us by a couple of points and Rotherham still have 2 games in hand on us. If they just manage a draw in one they move within 1 result of potentially running above us and given our form in the last 10 games that's a position we don't want to be in. Ultimately it all comes down to us, if we get 4 points from preston and blackburn I'll be feeling good- anything less than 3 and we're staring down the barrel I think. If we only get 2 points or less from these next 2 that could bring both Wednesday and Rotherham breathing down our necks with 3 to play. 

1 hour ago, Eargasm said:

If we lose the next 5 games we have no need to worry about Rotherham scoring in stoppage time !.... we'll be below Wednesday and Wycombe ! 

If we continue the form of the last ten games, then we will get two more points and probably be relegated. I do not fancy our chances against Brum or Swansea which leaves three games. All to play for however.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If we continue the form of the last ten games, then we will get two more points and probably be relegated. I do not fancy our chances against Brum or Swansea which leaves three games. All to play for however.

We're more likely to pull a result out the bag against the likes of Swansea than tonight against an average Blackburn side

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We're more likely to pull a result out the bag against the likes of Swansea than tonight against an average Blackburn side

Swansea will probably be sure of play offs and not getting 2nd by the time we play them, so may be thinking about that instad of us.

Blackburn probably see us a chance to be sure that they are OK and we are in trouble, so won't be taking it easy.

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Tbh, I didn't really want coventry to win last night- it moves them above us by a couple of points and Rotherham still have 2 games in hand on us. If they just manage a draw in one they move within 1 result of potentially running above us and given our form in the last 10 games that's a position we don't want to be in. Ultimately it all comes down to us, if we get 4 points from preston and blackburn I'll be feeling good- anything less than 3 and we're staring down the barrel I think. If we only get 2 points or less from these next 2 that could bring both Wednesday and Rotherham breathing down our necks with 3 to play. 

Sheff Wed will need a minor miracle to finish above us .  In fact I'm prepared to take on Kenny Burns in a pie eating contest if they do live on air.  Rotherham will have 3 in hand again after tonight so they could be an issue, that's why I preferred the Coventry win the other night. Points not places at the minute. 

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

the spotlight is on young Wayne: with the right tactics and motivation we win one maybe two, scrape some draws and stay up. Forget the maths, it IS in our own hands. 
Rotherham could pass Udders tho

But it is not in our hands, is it? It is in Rotherham's, they are 4 points behind with 2 games in hand now and a better goal difference. So we are therefore categorically reliant on them to not do the business as them staying up is in their hands, not ours. That could change but I would hope the club are not as "asleep at the wheel" to start believing a falsehood as serious as that given the position we're in, we need to hope we put it back in our hands, starting tonight.

6 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

But it is not in our hands, is it? It is in Rotherham's, they are 4 points behind with 2 games in hand now and a better goal difference. So we are therefore categorically reliant on them to not do the business as them staying up is in their hands, not ours. That could change but I would hope the club are not as "asleep at the wheel" to start believing a falsehood as serious as that given the position we're in, we need to hope we put it back in our hands, starting tonight.

BUT BIRMINGHAM........... buggar it. It's not in our hands. We're doomed. Doomed I tell thee

14BC40D1-E98D-439A-B896-B5201963C3FB.jpeg

20 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

It is in our hands, we win all our games we stay up as we would be above Birmingham.

47 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Forget the maths. It’s in our hands !! 

This weekend’s games look pretty straight forward in terms of who we want to win and not to win, unlike last night.

I thought I’d look at them before we played so I’m not too negative or positive about our fate based on whatever the score is tonight.

Saturday:

Forest v Hudds - Come on you Reds!

Sheff We’d v Bristol City - Brizzle win

Stoke v PNE - Potters win

Sunday:

Rotherham v Birmingham - Brum win

Coventry v Barnsley - Tykes win

All the above, combined with 3 points tonight would go a long way to ensuring fans will be returning to the likes of Sheffield United & Fulham at Pride Park rather than Cheltenham & Cambridge.

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

IF WE WIN ALL OF OUR GAMES THEN WYCOMBE, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND BIRMINGHAM FINISH BELOW US AT VERY LEAST!!!!

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

IF WE WIN ALL OF OUR GAMES THEN WYCOMBE, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND BIRMINGHAM FINISH BELOW US AT VERY LEAST!!!!

Also, just to complicate it but further proofs the point, Brum and Rotherham can’t both win this weekend, and I think there’s a couple of other fixtures like that you can Chuck in, so it’s impossible fir all of our rivals to get maximum points.

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Also, just to complicate it but further proofs the point, Brum and Rotherham can’t both win this weekend, and I think there’s a couple of other fixtures like that you can Chuck in, so it’s impossible fir all of our rivals to get maximum points.

With 5 games left and teams around us playing each other, the permutations are still going to be very complicated.

Simplifying it as best as possible, if we win every game (as unrealistic as that is) then our chance of going down would be 0%. You can’t get more in our own hands than that.