v Luton (h) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive win, nice clean sheet and our attacking play looked much better today, can really see what we have missed with Lawrence in thw team. Only negatives were injuries to Gregory & Waghorn. Thought Waghorn was playing really well before his injury too. Hoping Gregory was abit of tightness/cramp rather than pulling his hamstring.

That win paired with other results is massive.

Well,an afternoon with quite a few surprises. An energetic winning performance firstly. We also managed to get a referee to award us a penalty.

There was also their player escaping a certain red and a fracas at the end that resulted in CKR earning a yellow card after the final whistle. However the most surprising thing for me was the revelation that it appears that @Owen87ITK has got himself a stalker. 

Wendies need 11 points from 8 games to catch up with where we are today. They are not going to get past us. A nice couple of defeats in next two for Brum would be handy. A draw at Reading would be a major bonus for us but if Brum lose tonight then if we can beat Brum that should keep them well at bay. Anything from next two in fact would be nice for us. Then five games remaining to get six points should save the day.

47 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There were a couple of things I could have said in the first half as well. I think he said that Ince scored against us in 2017, when it was actually 2018.

@Owen87ITK, I’m watching you like a hawk.

I don’t mind this at all, for the record.

I generally make at least 2-3 errors a game, usually more, and I’d much rather know so I don’t do it again!

My stats stuff is usually spot on, it’s identification that lets me down, but I’ll blame that on having to commentate off the monitors.

I will defend myself on the above though - I think I said, Ince has scored against Derby since leaving, and that he left is 2017, I didn’t say he scored that goal in 2017 ?

Good day all round, good result for Derby and good results for us (just need Brum to lose now). Thought Waghorn was decent 1st half and Lawrence in patches looked good. Clear difference when we play an attacking starting 11 

Absolutely vital win that, and a well deserved one too based on that performance. Much better work rate than we saw before the international break, and more aggressive pressing meant we managed to force the opposition into errors so we could create more chances ourselves. That’s what we need to be doing more of, showing that ambition and getting men forward into the box. Still looked a little nervous defensively, especially first half (Wisdom in particular), but the level of effort put in today is much more like what we want to see as fans. Well done everyone, very efficient win.

Archived