Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

1 change to the wing back shouldnt be too disruptive. Kept the 3 centre backs the same. Would have been more of a change if Byrne came in for Mengi or Edmundson & Wisdom moving into the back 3

Will be happily surprised if we do not concede. And with Joz and Waggy upfront and no silkiness in midfield, happily surprised if we score more than 1 -particularly since our set pieces have gone off the boil 

in this schedule there’s not enough training time to make so many changes , he can have no idea what will come out 

21 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

1 change to the wing back shouldnt be too disruptive. Kept the 3 centre backs the same. Would have been more of a change if Byrne came in for Mengi or Edmundson & Wisdom moving into the back 3

Normally no and it’s a change I agree with.

my point is more it’s another change on top of the numerous changes in recent weeks.

Hes become a bit of a tinkerman recently and I’m hoping his team selections start to get a bit of stability and consistency back.

23 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

waghorn must be a monster in training,he certainly does'nt earn his place on matchday

I think some of us miss what Waggy brings .. he is rough and unpredictable for sure, but 3 things spring to mind. That left foot can produce “a moment” that changes things, he works hard and covers, Then add in he doesn’t get bullied. No denying his weaknesses but when you pick a team to play certain types of opposition a Waggy can come in handy. 

This looks pretty straightforward, two teams who set up to be solid and not concede the first goal. We know what sort of game we’re in for. What I do think is interesting is it’s the sort of game that Waghorn’s shown up in the last two years. He’s looked more confident recently and I’m praying he’s going to be more like the player we’ve seen the past two seasons.

Also think Roos starting is class, he could be a really good keeper for us.

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Normally no and it’s a change I agree with.

my point is more it’s another change on top of the numerous changes in recent weeks.

Hes become a bit of a tinkerman recently and I’m hoping his team selections start to get a bit of stability and consistency back.

I agree to a certain but on the flip side he gets to see players match & trainings stats so will know more than us if a players fitness levels look lower than needed and that they need a rest. With the quick turnaround of games changes are to be expected due to little niggles & fitness.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I think some of us miss what Waggy brings .. he is rough and unpredictable for sure, but 3 things spring to mind. That left foot can produce “a moment” that changes things, he works hard and covers, Then add in he doesn’t get bullied. No denying his weaknesses but when you pick a team to play certain types of opposition a Waggy can come in handy. 

sorry,i'm not convinced.he slows attacks down and needs twenty shots to get one on target,we dont create enough chances for anyone to be that wasteful,gregory is turning out to be the same

Archived