Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Waghorn in for Gregory (moving Kazim central)

Byrne in for Wisdom

Brave call to reward Mengi for his performance by dropping Wisdom instead. Surprising to see Gregory dropped completely.

Gregory injured

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-4-3?

Roos
    Edmundson, Mengi, Clarke
Byrne, Knight, Shinnie, Forsyth
     Waghorn, Kazim, Jozwiak

Can't really complain with that. Should be plenty of crosses coming in with Byrne one side and Fozzy the other. Looks like Millwall are setting up with Mason Bennett and Jed Wallace up front... I can see why they've been struggling for goals (although we're not really in a position to say anything)!

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

More changes to that back line. Hope it doesn’t disrupt them!

1 change to the wing back shouldnt be too disruptive. Kept the 3 centre backs the same. Would have been more of a change if Byrne came in for Mengi or Edmundson & Wisdom moving into the back 3

Happy with that line up. Keep the same back 3 for consistency, Byrne back in as a more attacking full back. Fozzy is capable of getting forward and putting decent crosses in. With wingbacks hopefully Waghorn and Jozwiak are narrow to support CKR and hopefully make it 3 vs 3 at the back for them.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I think that every match! And have watched every one "just in case"?

So have I, but so far I’m still inclined to give this one a miss. 

1 hour ago, Allovertheplace said:

Only saw we were playing you lot today, that's how little the rest of the games means to ourselves now, in terms of me caring about remaining fixtures. We are there for the taking for any club that shows any desire to win. Unfortunately we have 11 meaningless games left to play. 

Someone how Mason Bennett and Scott Malone are our second top goal scorers with 4 goals a piece. Shows how badly we have been in front of goal this season.

End the season now!!

Football has been meaningless since last March in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

1 change to the wing back shouldnt be too disruptive. Kept the 3 centre backs the same. Would have been more of a change if Byrne came in for Mengi or Edmundson & Wisdom moving into the back 3

The interesting thing will be to see who takes charge of the defence. Wisdom is usually the most vocal. Edmundson and Mengi are new and might be reluctant leaders and Clarke just does his own thing without marshalling those around him.

They will need to be organised to meet Millwall’s aerial threat and to protect the full backs if they bomb forward. How they do that will determine the result.

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Waghorn in for Gregory (moving Kazim central)

Byrne in for Wisdom

Brave call to reward Mengi for his performance by dropping Wisdom instead. Surprising to see Gregory dropped completely.

Maybe wisdom just gets a rest or is carrying a knock 

11 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

waghorn must be a monster in training,he certainly does'nt earn his place on matchday

Who do we have who is better on the right week in week out?

Archived