Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

Pride Park, 3pm Saturday v the Snake's Millwall.

48 hours to go and I think it'll be a bit more of the same. Do we stick with the same team, does Byrne play if fit and if so who drops out for him?

Will Lawrence be able to play some part in the game and give us that bit of individuality?

Again, it'll be important to get something out of the game and keep the points building. Hopefully, it'll go in off the post on Saturday, rather than stay out. I'm touching a different piece of wood this time.?

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another game against a side with 3 at the back and another game where we match them man for man in a 343.
Byrne back in at the expense of Mengi (despite a very good game from him). Waghorn comes in for Gregory which allows Kazim to move back into the middle.

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Shinnie

Waghorn   Kazim   Jozwiak

Subs: Marshall, McDonald, Forsyth, Mengi, Bird, Sibley, Watson, Roberts, Gregory

Ah DCFC v DCFC Old Boys! Welcome back Rowett, Fielding, Pearce, Evans, Malone and Bennett (some of you get a much warmer welcome than others ?)

Millwall are still fairly physical, so I'm expecting the team to be similar to the one that started against Barnsley defence wise. Probably slightly different personnel up front.

Roos
      Edmundson, Mengi, Clarke
Wisdom, Knight, Shinnie, Forsyth
        Waghorn, Kazim, Sibley

Back at Pride Park. The pitch looks decent in comparison to the last couple of home games (I work near there and had a look earlier today!). Get in to them lads! COYR! ?

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Ah DCFC v DCFC Old Boys! Welcome back Rowett, Fielding, Pearce, Evans, Malone and Bennett (some of you get a much warmer welcome than others ?)

Fielding, Pearce and Evans I don't think we can hold much against them and would get a clap from me

Malone, meh, didn't like Cocu and wasn't great for us but nothing against him.

Snakie, he knows what he did.

Mason, well, safe to say he burnt his bridges with Derby fans, despite quite a lot of us placing hope after hope he'd come good.

?

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fielding, Pearce and Evans I don't think we can hold much against them and would get a clap from me

Malone, meh, didn't like Cocu and wasn't great for us but nothing against him.

Snakie, he knows what he did.

Mason, well, safe to say he burnt his bridges with Derby fans, despite quite a lot of us placing hope after hope he'd come good.

?

Agree with you 100% @RadioactiveWaste

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Another game against a side with 3 at the back and another game where we match them man for man in a 343.
Byrne back in at the expense of Mengi (despite a very good game from him). Waghorn comes in for Gregory which allows Kazim to move back into the middle.

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Shinnie

Waghorn   Kazim   Jozwiak

Subs: Marshall, McDonald, Forsyth, Mengi, Bird, Sibley, Watson, Roberts, Gregory

That's probably what Rooney does I think. With a half chance of Bird replacing one of Knight or Shinnie and either Sibley or Roberts rotating in for Jozwiak.

Still think we are missing a trick not trying to start Bird and Watson.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's probably what Rooney does I think. With a half chance of Bird replacing one of Knight or Shinnie and either Sibley or Roberts rotating in for Jozwiak.

Still think we are missing a trick not trying to start Bird and Watson.

Can't see Shinnie getting dropped after last night. He's almost undroppable under Rooney anyway.

Jozwiak also seems to be Rooney's favourite winger too.

Like you, it's not what I would choose.

Kept a clean sheet against probably the most direct team in the league so for me I think keep the same back 5 against another direct team. Tues vs Brentford is more suitable for a change in terms of Buchanan & Byrne.

Only change I would possibly make is Waghorn for Gregory but against his old club Gregory might be on form for us like we expect Bennett to be against us. I expect Marshall, Byrne & Lawrence to make the bench which will make it look pretty strong.

Marshall Byrne Buchanan Bird Watson Sibley Roberts Lawrence Waghorn

Gives us plenty of attacking options from the bench even with the defenders.

19 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Millwall are still fairly physical, so I'm expecting the team to be similar to the one that started against Barnsley defence wise. Probably slightly different personnel up front.

Roos
      Edmundson, Mengi, Clarke
Wisdom, Knight, Shinnie, Forsyth
        Waghorn, Kazim, Sibley

Back at Pride Park. The pitch looks decent in comparison to the last couple of home games (I work near there and had a look earlier today!). Get in to them lads! COYR! ?

no Jozwiak??

20 hours ago, ram59 said:

Pride Park, 3pm Saturday v the Snake's Millwall.

48 hours to go and I think it'll be a bit more of the same. Do we stick with the same team, does Byrne play if fit and if so who drops out for him?

Will Lawrence be able to play some part in the game and give us that bit of individuality?

Again, it'll be important to get something out of the game and keep the points building. Hopefully, it'll go in off the post on Saturday, rather than stay out. I'm touching a different piece of wood this time.?

Hopefully no

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can't see Shinnie getting dropped after last night. He's almost undroppable under Rooney anyway.

Jozwiak also seems to be Rooney's favourite winger too.

Like you, it's not what I would choose.

Oh I don't even mean it from a preference point of you, I meant it more from I think there is chance Rooney rotates players around a little because he's been rotating a lot lately with the busy schedule. There is a chance he rotates either one of the midfielders and/or Jozwiak just purely to try and keep energy levels high.

Archived