Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I've been thinking for a while now as well that Jozwiak is probably really regretting the move. He was sold the idea of attacking, possession based football and just look what we've become now. 

The feeling is mutual am sure 

It’s easy to get down about recent performances and results.
the hammerings at  Rotherham and Cardiff were very depressing.
The recent performances at Wycombe and Barnsley were excruciating.
But I still think we have the basis of something 

Yesterday we could have really done with another striker on the bench - even Marriott -  and maybe two Louie watsons.

The last days of the MM regime don’t reflect too well on a club that has wasted so much money. 

I hope Mel, who I have the highest regard for, writes a book (from his standpoint) on his time owning his (and our) beloved Rams!  What a read that would be! Perhaps an appropriate title would be 'How not to run  Football Club'! I am sure there are many others that could be chosen!!! 

26 minutes ago, PendineRam said:

I hope Mel, who I have the highest regard for, writes a book (from his standpoint) on his time owning his (and our) beloved Rams!  What a read that would be! Perhaps an appropriate title would be 'How not to run  Football Club'! I am sure there are many others that could be chosen!!! 

Sorry but the respect I had for Mel Morris is totally dwindling. He as got rid of experiences players and replaced them with some academy players who are not good enough. We still don't where we stand with the sale of the club to the FAKE SHIEK who as no money to put into a buyout. The club is just a shambles. 

14 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

I really don't understand all the criticism towards Jozwiak. Any winger/attacker playing in this team will struggle. Jozwiak has actually proven and shown what he can do when playing for Poland, so it's not like he isn't capable. Perhaps it's got something to do with the poor tactics and huge lack of support he gets in a Derby shirt. Every single one of our attacking players are struggling because of the tactics not because their no good. You don't just become bad players overnight.

Here's a perfect example. Look at Burnley's attackers, Vydra. Had a great season for us, scored lots of goals, went to play in a defensive Burnley team and now looks poo. Chris Wood, scored tons of goals for Leeds, went to Burnley to play defensive football and now gets what 7/8 goals a season. Jay Rodriguez. Looked fantastic at Southampton, did really well at West Brom, then went to play defensive style at Burnley and now never scores. 

IT'S THE TACTICS !!!!

I’ve ‘awarded’ you an ‘applause’ for defence of Joz but I don’t agree about the anti Burnley stance. IMO they have a terrific manager doing incredibly well with a small club (yes on huge tv funds) and I’ve no doubt they’ll stay up again! 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

I’ve ‘awarded’ you an ‘applause’ for defence of Joz but I don’t agree about the anti Burnley stance. IMO they have a terrific manager doing incredibly well with a small club (yes on huge tv funds) and I’ve no doubt they’ll stay up again! 

yeah i think Burnley will stay up this year as well. I wasn't knocking Burnley or Dyche, just making the point that attacking players will always look worse when a team plays defensively.

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

yeah i think Burnley will stay up this year as well. I wasn't knocking Burnley or Dyche, just making the point that attacking players will always look worse when a team plays defensively.

Sorry mate I guessed you weren’t having a real pop at them. We are Derby after all, it’s not what we do (one club excepted of course) I get your point!!  ?

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

All we can say is that we shouldn’t have lost 

positives - Bryne good again Watson is promising 

negatives - we desperately need goal scorers 

We should have lost because we did not mark for a cross and left a half empty goal line to put the ball into my the net. We could not score so we deserved to lose.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

We should have lost because we did not mark for a cross and left a half empty goal line to put the ball into my the net. We could not score so we deserved to lose.

Maybe so but we put lots of crosses in. Not enough folk in the box with the power, desire, skill and positioning  to convert them.

Byrne, Joz and Fozzy fired plenty in .. no one took advantage (or Milwall stopped us ? ) either way there was ammunition but the gun was a pea shooter. I want Jack back .. he’s a hungry effer and could work with CKR

5 hours ago, PendineRam said:

Would that be found in the true crime section of the local library ?

Archived