Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance was solid if uninspiring the other night, so a few changes to try and liven it up a bit, but nothing too drastic:

Roos

Edmundson Mengi Clarke

Wisdom Knight Shinnie Buchanan

Kazim-Richards Sibley

Gregory

Forsyth isn’t good enough on the ball for the wing back role, so Buchanan comes back in. Jozwiak I thought was again wasteful with the chances he got in behind the other night, and I think that role could be where we see the best of Sibley, so I’d give him his chance there. Gregory was crap as usual against Barnsley so I’d ideally drop him too, but we don’t have any other striker options since we let Stretton leave on loan, so he’ll have stay in the side and hopefully perform better.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Roos

Byrne. Wisdom. Clarke. Buchanan

Watson.   Shinnie. Knight 

Waghorn Kazim-Richards. Jozwiak 

Keep it on the deck and play some football. You never know.... we might win and be entertaining.

Think Bird has looked more effective and energetic than Knight of late. Think Knight needs a rest...

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Take 1 Millwall, add 1 Gary Rowett, garnish with not very exciting former Derby players and...to this feast of football delight a Derby County side who view celebacy as a virture and concepts like excitment or fun as the temptations to devil.

...I'm expecting a cold porridge of a match

With lumps in.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Be nice to remember what a goal actually is. Two goals wow getting a nose bleed now thinking about it. 

I know where you’re coming from but I’ve gone for a 2-1 win on my Super Six this week, just had a feeling. ?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Roos

Byrne. Wisdom. Clarke. Buchanan

Watson.   Shinnie. Knight 

Waghorn Kazim-Richards. Jozwiak 

Keep it on the deck and play some football. You never know.... we might win and be entertaining.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment I don't think you'd have a lot of success with both Shinnie and Knight in midfield. Think you'd want Bird to replace one or the other.

I'm looking forward to 2PM tomorrow - meltdown that Rooney's rested half the team again.....but a knowing look in his eye tells you he has a good idea about the threat posed by Mason and confidence in Malone to assist our attacking and we run out one nill winners we all start to think perhaps he is gonna be alright.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think Bird has looked more effective and energetic than Knight of late. Think Knight needs a rest...

21 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment I don't think you'd have a lot of success with both Shinnie and Knight in midfield. Think you'd want Bird to replace one or the other.

Whilst I agree Knight has looked tired of late and that Bird has played reasonably well, I do think the combination I suggested would work well.

Watson for his passing and creativity;

Shinnie as the defensive workhorse;

Knight as the box-to-box runner.

32 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm looking forward to 2PM tomorrow - meltdown that Rooney's rested half the team again.....but a knowing look in his eye tells you he has a good idea about the threat posed by Mason and confidence in Malone to assist our attacking and we run out one nill winners we all start to think perhaps he is gonna be alright.

Malone can't play as he's only on loan. Evans will be starting though. Pearce will also be on their bench.

Archived