Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, angieram said:

That was bloody awful to watch.

Great point! 

So rare I disagree with the renowned @angieram but I enjoyed that. We mixed it with their style and had a couple of great chances. Shinnies effort couldn’t get closer without scoring. Second half far the better side. Very decent point against the inform team, call their style of play what you like we deserved three points I thought. Very competent from Roos too, well played keeper! Jozwiak my MOM ?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The team selection somewhat vindicated on that 1st half showing. My only worry is we competed with a similar Rotherham team until we conceded and then we crumbled. However we do seem a lot more robust tonight. Barring one lapse we have looked very solid at the back. 

Must be hard to be asked to play hoof ball one week and football the next. Too reactive 

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Much better effort. Unlucky not to win. So pleased Matt Clarke made 90 mins after the commentary team raving about his great disciplinary record early in the match! Roos just looked so solid - well played

I thought they'd jinxed him when they said that. It is an incredible stat though. 

Cracking point, could have nicked all 3 with Gregorys chance and hoe unlucky was that for Shinnie. They still had the best chance of the game, 6 yards out cenrre of goal amd luckily Roos made the save.

Thought everyone played the game really well, battled and fpught all over. Mengi looks much more comfortable at CB. Best game from Roos in a long time, in conditions where he would usually flap at the ball his catching and dominance of his box was brilliant, he gets my MOTM over Mengi purely for the save.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Must be hard to be asked to play hoof ball one week and football the next. Too reactive 

It was ugly but, given the conditions the right tactics to grind out a draw and nearly win in. It certainly wasn't the night to try and play pretty football.

Archived