Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I was bored too but I still wanted us to win.

What a very strange attitude.

Don’t be too hard on yourself ?

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Awful game, could of and should of won it. Gregory must score with his chance, I’m sure if he shot John Lennon he’d of killed yoko Ono. Shinnie unlucky with his effort. Ref and Lino were a bit dubious, I’m sure their keeper was about 2 yards outside the box when he caught it. I’d have taken a point before it, so happy days apart from paying £10 for that poo. 

I'm not one to bang on about grammar but that's painful to read, it's 'have' not 'of'.... 

Never thought I'd see Derby set up to get a point at Barnsley, quite disturbing to the equilibrium.

Should have won it in the end mind. Gregory reminds me of some bloke on its a knockout wearing clown shoes trying to score in a 5 foot goal.  Woeful finishing. We need more than endeavour which is all he offers.  Keeping Forest out the playoffs last season only gives you so much good favour.

The last three games have maybe been the grimest I've seen us play.  Another funfest at the weekend.  Can we score one. 

A good point based on form & position but I'm disappointed we couldn't edge that particularly with Gregory's chance & Shinnie's great effort.

To a certain extent Rooney got it spot on tactically. No space in midfield, terrible pitch & a high defensive line meant it made sense to go more direct & also to play 3 CBs to deal with their twin threat. I do think we missed a trick though in a) having someone in midfield able to drop in better quality balls into the vast space between their back line & GK (Bird) & b) having quicker forward players to latch onto that delivery instead of playing Kazim & Gregory. All too often there were just aimless balls that their keeper was dealing with easily (even if we take into account the windy conditions)

First half was a disgrace really - just a constant diet of hoofball from both teams with no discernible quality. Obviously people will point to us staying in the game but Barnselona hardly offered any threat. Second half, we started very slowly those first 10 mins, Roos pulled out an incredible stop & then we grew into it to such an extent I thought they were hanging on last 30 mins. We started to win more second balls, actually pick out some passes & get the ball into the box (mainly Forsyth). Shinnie also started to play more advanced - he had a very decent second half.

Good performances across the back 5 - particularly pleased for Mengi who was terrible against Cardiff but had a good match aside from a couple of late errors. Suspect he'll improve rapidly just like Tomori did. Also thought Roos was excellent all game - big booming kicks that turned them around, confident coming for the ball against their front line & an excellent stop to win us a point.

A quick word on Barnsley - its a damning indictment on this division that a side that absymal could have won 7 straight games prior to tonight. They looked identical to Wycombe or Rotherham - a bunch of automaton athletes with barely a shred of ability between them. Probably the worst 'top 6' side I've ever seen at this level.

What can you say ,,,, we need points and we managed to get one which could have been 3 ,, the thing I would say was the subs really could have come on ten minutes earlier when we really started to knock balls over the top to run on to

8 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I'm not one to bang on about grammar but that's painful to read, it's 'have' not 'of'.... 

saw what you did there, not one to “bang on”, 9/10 

7 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I bet you can't wait to get back to Pride Park to sit in silence/moan?

A good place to go for a snooze.

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

A quick word on Barnsley - its a damning indictment on this division that a side that absymal could have won 7 straight games prior to tonight. They looked identical to Wycombe or Rotherham - a bunch of automaton athletes with barely a shred of ability between them. Probably the worst 'top 6' side I've ever seen at this level.

They're not a top 6 side because they won't be there at the end of the season, not in my view anyway

Archived