The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Indeed - which is why I'm a big fan of them, and why I can't ever accept @Norman's suggestion that I am a subscriber to 'conspiracy theories'.

If 99% accept something as true because the facts and the science bear it out, Occam's Razor suggests that it is the 1% who are barking up the wrong tree. Saying that, the 1% are perfectly entitled to attempt to justify their own interpretation based upon scientific method, i.e.

1. Observe
  2. Question
  3. Form a hypothesis which answers the question
  4. Make a prediction based upon the hypothesis
  5. Test the observed results compared to the predicted results

Refinement if required, comes with multiple iterations of this very simple cycle.

I don't think you know enough about the distribution networks of companies like Brakes to come to a conclusion. 

Or how they are currently being hammered by the 'pingdemic' or how they are struggling to recruit enough staff trained in FLT driving etc. 

The pandemic has left huge holes everywhere in the economy. How many lorry licenses didn't get given out, FLT licenses etc. 

You can't just got B word or Meghan. 

You're doing the opposite of what you describe you do.

7 hours ago, Norman said:

I don't think you know enough about the distribution networks of companies like Brakes to come to a conclusion. 

Or how they are currently being hammered by the 'pingdemic' or how they are struggling to recruit enough staff trained in FLT driving etc. 

The pandemic has left huge holes everywhere in the economy. How many lorry licenses didn't get given out, FLT licenses etc. 

You can't just got B word or Meghan. 

You're doing the opposite of what you describe you do.

Here's an example of 'pingdemic' for you...

JHB went on holiday, came back and had to take a covid test (negative) then got pinged a few days later as she was on a flight with someone that had covid.  She has taken another test (negative) is double jabbed and has antibodies from catching covid previously but by law has to isolate for 10 days ?

Now, if you're a relatively famous radio presenter you can work from home, but if you're a production line worker, which means your workmates may have been pinged as well, the factory shuts down and there is a little hole in the economy.  Times that by over half a million people being pinged and that little hole in the economy starts to get quite a bit bigger.

This is the main reason why I'm against vaccine passports.  My lad is 18, he is at minimal risk from covid and doesn't want the jab.  He also starts university in September...

So in just a few short weeks, the Govt have gone from stating vaccine passports weren't under consideration to basically mandating that everyone gets a jab.  Wanna live and enjoy life, go to pubs and clubs etc?  Get a jab.  Wanna go to football matches?  Get a jab.  Want an education?  Get a jab.   And we're just at the beginning, no doubt the squeeze will continue...

Yes I understand that some students will get ill with covid and some may even get long covid but there is mounting evidence that gaming natural immunity from covid is both stronger and longer lasting that from the vaccine.  Surely it has to be the individuals decision whether to get jabbed or not? 

Fortunately, 'some Conservative MPs, who have opposed vaccine passports from the outset, expressed outrage at the suggestion'  and if Boris does try to make it compulsary it will get voted down.  I'm just shocked that a Tory Government, and a supposedly liberal man is even considering such a move.

On 24/07/2021 at 12:25, TexasRam said:

We’re doomed if true 

Ah so what they are implying is masks don't work.

I guess unless you're a nudest, kilt wearing Scot or enjoy going commando your ass is the equivalent of being double masked ? 

I see the report has come from Australia where they have some of the strictest lockdowns in the world, as well as being isolated during their numerous lockdowns you now aren't even allowed to talk to your neighbour if you should see them over the fence - but are you now also expected to shove a cork up your backside now before you go out?  Funny lot them Aussies!

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

When people tell you that several of their friends/family members/acquaintances have died from Covid, I’m not sure what there is to gain from saying that you don’t know anyone who’s caught it or died from it.

Well if you're asked the question do you just ignore the person asking you then?

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Didn't recall the question being asked. Fair enough if it was.

It wasn't.

I introduced it into the thread to counter the hyperinflated argument Robert Peston was trying to make (back on page 175).  I was going to make up a random number but then I realised I don't know anyone thats had covid so I changed it to a real number instead.

The argument I was trying to make was that the media always push bad news and in this case, wildly exaggerate a 'bad news' story on a day, the 5th day in a row, that covid infections had dropped significantly and the numbers without context are meaningless anyway.

The BBC also ran several other articles yesterday; firstly about hospitals being overrun in Belfast, secondly a similar story in South Africa and thirdly an article about the UK being a breeding ground for new variants.  Add to that Peston spreading innacurate fearmongering it was almost as though they were trying to bury the good news and keep us living in fear. 

25 minutes ago, maxjam said:

It wasn't.

I introduced it into the thread to counter the hyperinflated argument Robert Peston was trying to make (back on page 175).  I was going to make up a random number but then I realised I don't know anyone thats had covid so I changed it to a real number instead.

The argument I was trying to make was that the media always push bad news and in this case, wildly exaggerate a 'bad news' story on a day, the 5th day in a row, that covid infections had dropped significantly and the numbers without context are meaningless anyway.

The BBC also ran several other articles yesterday; firstly about hospitals being overrun in Belfast, secondly a similar story in South Africa and thirdly an article about the UK being a breeding ground for new variants.  Add to that Peston spreading innacurate fearmongering it was almost as though they were trying to bury the good news and keep us living in fear. 

Who's they?

12 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

The metropolitan elite/msm/Labour voters/tory government/londoners/nicola sturgeon/the eu/Joe biden/corbyn (Jeremy)/SAGE.

And Eddie 

on a serious note vaccine passports to attend uni lectures and enter halls of residence floated now in this desperate push for vaccine passports with case numbers dropping ??‍♂️,on the plus side there are the stirring s of worldwide pushback and demo s ,

watching this all unfold the only people who have predicted anything with any kind of success are the conspiracy theorists , origin of virus , repeated lockdowns ,multiple waves , mandatory vaccines ( back door ) ,vaccine passports, wealth transference ,they seem to make the modellers amateur ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

@Eddie Genuine question - at what point would you personally feel OK not to wear a mask in a crowded indoor place?

When I felt that I couldn't care less whether I was in danger of passing the infection on to others.

It's a simple question - "Do I care for others or do I not?".

At the moment, I still do, and that's my only motivation.

Edited by Eddie

So what is behind this very sudden drop in cases?

We are told there is a 2 week lag with the numbers so what happened 2 weeks ago that is causing such a rapid decline?

Some people are going to be backing themselves into a corner here. 

Some of been arguing previously that only lockdowns could do this. The only other angle they can have now is the vaccination programme but this will then poo poo their calls for people to continue wearing masks and the introduction of vaccine passports.