The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Has this guy actually got anything right yet?

He hasn’t and should be held to account for it. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

The mainstream media.

Lets be straight here, its the owners of the mainstream media who dictate content. A handful of billionaires own nearly all the content we see and hear, not just in this country but worldwide.

Thats a fact, not an opinion.....but its actually worse than that because of the "clubs" these people belong to who's members are in  control more than we'll ever know.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

When I felt that I couldn't care less whether I was in danger of passing the infection on to others.

It's a simple question - "Do I care for others or do I not?".

At the moment, I still do, and that's my only motivation.

Don’t remember the same care for beer stockists and deliverer s when Covid was raging ??, bit of boris lurch going on ?

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Lets be straight here, its the owners of the mainstream media who dictate content. A handful of billionaires own nearly all the content we see and hear, not just in this country but worldwide.

Thats a fact, not an opinion.....but its actually worse than that because of the "clubs" these people belong to who's members are in  control more than we'll ever know.

You mean the group of elites that have benefit the most from the pandemic and are in no real rush to see it end?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

When I felt that I couldn't care less whether I was in danger of passing the infection on to others.

It's a simple question - "Do I care for others or do I not?".

At the moment, I still do, and that's my only motivation.

It really isnt that simple though otherwise everyone would think the same.

For every person that you are 'caring for' there's another person out there who's life you are severely damaging.

All of this worrying about others is a load of rubbish anyway, just admit you do what is best for you and your family, there is no shame in it.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When  will mainstream media finally bin him off is what I want to know. Literally he loves himself and has got everything wrong at every corner.

They won't because he provides them with the exaggerated numbers that they like to use - if you watched the clip he didn't just say 100k cases were inevitable, he said they could be as high as 200k ?

You aren't going to get many clicks saying that cases will start falling in a few weeks, its much more profitable to sell fear.

3 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Cases dropping very quickly at the moment. Final burn out of the virus through the unvaccinated perhaps? Euros ended? 

Whatevers caused it who cares long may it continue. Hope the final reopenings won't make much difference. 

I would imagine cases are dropping quickly because people don't want to miss out on their holidays and aren't bothering with self testing and are turning the app off in fear of getting pinged, soon go back up when work starts again and people want time off with pay.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

They won't because he provides them with the exaggerated numbers that they like to use - if you watched the clip he didn't just say 100k cases were inevitable, he said they could be as high as 200k ?

You aren't going to get many clicks saying that cases will start falling in a few weeks, its much more profitable to sell fear.

I get this, but surely a shock factor story on how wrong every university, every sage expert, every government minister has been and how decisions have been made on truly awful guesses must be a shock story in itself at some point?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I get this, but surely a shock factor story on how wrong every university, every sage expert, every government minister has been and how decisions have been made on truly awful guesses must be a shock story in itself at some point?

They rely on people just watching the news and not following up with any research of their own.  

My parents have been on at my lad to get jabbed a lot recently, I had to sit them down at the weekend to explain his reasons for not having it.  They had no answer to a lot of what I told them as they get virtually all of their news from the BBC.   It also stunned them when I showed them images of the protests last weekend in London, Paris, Italy, Holland, Australia - they had no clue. 

They are from a generation that still trust what the MSM tell them, they hear potential 200k a day cases here and the problems around the world that the BBC pushed this weekend (Belfast/South Africa hospitals at breaking point) and despite being double jabbed are still really nervous about going out.  They are both mid 70s and pretty healthy tbh but because of the relentless gloom and doom thats being force fed to them they are wasting valuable time to enjoy themselves.  Its all a bit sick and sinister tbh.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

If you lived 10 yards further south, you would ha e said ‘let’s have it right’. Your post would have been so much better as well.?

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

I would imagine cases are dropping quickly because people don't want to miss out on their holidays and aren't bothering with self testing and are turning the app off in fear of getting pinged, soon go back up when work starts again and people want time off with pay.

Surely the fall in cases would be in line fall in number of tests then?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

For every person that you are 'caring for' there's another person out there who's life you are severely damaging.

All of this worrying about others is a load of rubbish anyway, just admit you do what is best for you and your family, there is no shame in it.

Jeez I could respect that at least, if people were honest , and after saying how safe HE felt in Cornwall 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

When  will mainstream media finally bin him off is what I want to know. Literally he loves himself and has got everything wrong at every corner.

Could we get him to redo our ffp submission 

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

Most people I know are avoiding unnecessary contact indoors ie restaurants and not going back into the office where possible. 

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Most people I know are avoiding unnecessary contact indoors ie restaurants and not going back into the office where possible. 

You are probably right. I went to Islington this weekend and I couldn’t find any shop with a Spiralizer, Raclette or Fondue available. The chattering classes are just loving home eating again (with a few select friends don’t you know).

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

How is me wearing a mask severely damaging anybody else's life? 

It's not 'worrying' about other people - it's about trying to do my tiny bit in a pandemic and do you know what? It's no effort at all. I go about my life, I go shopping, I go to the pub, I go on holiday - nothing I do now is any different to what I did two years ago apart from one thing. If I am indoors in a crowded venue, I wear a mask.