The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 hours ago, maxjam said:

I assume you're referring to me?  At least in part.

If you leave conspiracy theories out of things - which I am more than happy to do btw.  The policies that Govts have introduced have taken our wealth and freedoms away.  The rich and powerful have every reason to prolong the agony the rest of us suffer simply because they are profiting from it.

I don't believe that a worldwide cabal got together to engineer the situation but as a 'happy' consequence there has been a massive transfer of wealth to the rich throughout the pandemic.  The article was from last year, the figure is probably significantly larger now;

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/07/covid-19-crisis-boosts-the-fortunes-of-worlds-billionaires

And 'Freedom Day' turned out to be a massive joke.  As the Telegraph (usually Tory supporting) pointed out in an article I posted a few days ago the Govt may not intend to subject us to a Chinese style dictatorship but through mismanagement and incompentence we could end up there anyway.  

Maybe I'm worried about nothing and the vaccine passports won't get through Parliament - and if they do they will be relaxed after a period of time and not be expanded upon with flu shots, your drinking habits, sugar intake and excercise data etc, all for your benefit of course...

Although I can't help but recall all the times on this forum reading how evil and useless the Tories are, so I'd prefer to try and stop them in their tracks now rather than fight to get back something we've lost later.  You should be happy, I've been called a right-winger, nazi and facist at various points on here over the years, I'm now on your side!  Power to the People n all that ?

Maxjam come on you are better than this you have constantly been one of the best posters on here for years. Don’t go to the dark side just because you have been called names for having a different opinion. 

Edited by cstand

1 hour ago, Archied said:

they are all pretty much no symptoms first time but they know they have got it second time , is it a problem with testing or is it worse second time ?

There are indeed quite a lot of reports like this. 

I don't think anyone truly knows why this occurs, but one of the leading theories is about the 'viral load'. That is, how long and how much exposure they had to an infected person.

First time, brief exposure. Second time... Well... Lots more.

It's one of the reasons masks can still be a useful precaution.

Another theory is to do with the new variants. Some research suggests different people may have different immune responses to different variants.

Edited by therealhantsram

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Of course they are under reported.  And its typical that bad news always follows good news ?

If they aren't accurate stats then what exactly is the point of them?  I could make some numbers up - in fact I won't, I'll use a real one, which apparently is more than the Govt do, and my number is 0.  That is the amount of family/friends that I personally know that have caught covid.

So have ITV been reporting the figures without fact checking them?

Or does Robert Peston think he should be spoon fed figures rather than having to research them himself?

37 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

There are indeed quite a lot of reports like this. 

I don't think anyone truly knows why this occurs, but one of the leading theories is about the 'viral load'. That is, how long and how much exposure they had to an infected person.

First time, brief exposure. Second time... Well... Lots more.

It's one of the reasons masks can still be a useful precaution.

Another theory is to do with the new variants. Some research suggests different people may have different immune responses to different variants.

Second part I can see the sense in , the mask thing I will never agree with , they are a token ,people with bits of paper or cloth over their faces that don’t even fit properly or airtight , they handle them , take them on and off in and out of pockets and they are in no way capable of stopping a virus that is microscopic from passing through,

I know people don’t like the above but it’s true and any effect they have is at best minuscule and it’s exactly that kind of guff that undermines confidence in anything reasonably thinking people are being told to believe??‍♂️

42 minutes ago, cstand said:

Thinking of not  being vaccinated read this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

We’ve done that one a few pages back ??‍♂️ propaganda drive ,,, remember the old classic ,,, if you don’t believe in Santa he won’t come ??‍♂️
as someone rightly stated ,, any stories of people who were petrified of covid , had it and not petrified any more ,there’s plenty of those people too

Edited by Archied

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

SajID

JavID

CovID

Makes you think, eh? 

Laugh all you want, don't come crying to me when SAS snipers have taken all your friends down for just thinking something different to what they want you to think ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Government 'in talks' to make all football matches over 20k require a Covid passport for entry. I.e. prove you are double jabbed.

The fact they are said to be in talks suggests to me that they want to pressure the FA to implement this scheme 'voluntarily' rather than try and get it through parliament, where they look like they could lose a vote.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So have ITV been reporting the figures without fact checking them?

Or does Robert Peston think he should be spoon fed figures rather than having to research them himself?

Reporters actually doing research?  You're off your trolley ?

The really sad thing is a lot or of people take what 'reputable sources' say as fact.  When the daily covid infection numbers were trending earlier numerous people were replying with comments such as 'but the Govt are under reporting blah, blah, blah'.  What is the famous quote?  'A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots'.

At best the story he told was a massive inflation of the facts and at worst a deliberate distortion of the data to sell bad news.  I'm sick of it.  

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Government 'in talks' to make all football matches over 20k require a Covid passport for entry. I.e. prove you are double jabbed.

The fact they are said to be in talks suggests to me that they want to pressure the FA to implement this scheme 'voluntarily' rather than try and get it through parliament, where they look like they could lose a vote.

I am massively against the vaccine passports and really hope they don't pass through Parliament.  If individual businesses (football clubs) decide to use a version of their own vaccine passport then I guess thats up to them ? 

However, left-wingers regularly tell us that Facebook, Twitter, etc are well within their rights to ban right-wingers because they are private companies despite the fact that they dominate global social media.  I wonder how those same individuals will feel if they are unvaxxed and its their football club that won't allow them in?  Private companies n all that...

Fortunately, the way things are shaping up next season any unvaxxed Rams fans won't have that problem - after we're relegated by Christmas we'll be down to 12k ? 

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was glad when Javid took over as health secretary but it hasn't taken long for him to look stupid and have to apologise.

I wonder if politicians have their tweets checked over by some sort of communications department, or perhaps even told what to tweet?

Or do they just tweet out whatever comes into their head Trump style? Even @Archied would not be as crass to use the word "cower" from Covid.

Sad state of affairs when he has been made to apologise for saying what half of the country are thinking. 

Does it really matter what word he used, we all know what he meant.

It is absolutely pathetic.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sad state of affairs when he has been made to apologise for saying what half of the country are thinking. 

Poor man is working with the Churchill wanna be spewing out war like guff along with the media ,,, what do people expect ??‍♂️

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought it was a pathetic choice of phrase. Cower implies cowardly behaviour.

Who has made him apologise? Are you suggesting he is that weak that he doesn't believe in his own apology?

53 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Some on this forum seem to think we won’t reach 20,000 anyway so, we should be OK ?