The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yes, but the question here is why cases have recently dropped. 

I think people have rolled back what they do since cases grew so high, regardless of any freedom.

You mean like football matches , motor racing , extremely crowded beaches , staycations and the like??‍♂️
of course you may be right and lockdowns were never needed ,just a percentage of people working from home and wearing masks in crowded places would have done the job , especially with a virus that was absolutely no where near as infectious as it is now ?
hmmm it’s all a bit of a quandary isn’t it ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

How is me wearing a mask severely damaging anybody else's life? 

It's not 'worrying' about other people - it's about trying to do my tiny bit in a pandemic and do you know what? It's no effort at all. I go about my life, I go shopping, I go to the pub, I go on holiday - nothing I do now is any different to what I did two years ago apart from one thing. If I am indoors in a crowded venue, I wear a mask.

Yes, thats a fair comment if you are talking just about wearing a mask in an indoor place then its wrong for me to level that accusation.

I was more talking about everything else that has gone before.

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

More than half of Covid hospitalisations are patients who only tested positive after admission, leaked data reveal...

Your wasting your time , positive test numbers are now the only metric to lots of people and even within that drops in numbers mean nothing and can be explained away as non positive blips whilst any rise is the coming of the apocalypse,,, it’s almost like cult status 

Edited by Archied

28 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9829585/Ministers-plead-calm-Covid-cases-fall-SIX-DAYS-running.html

This is really worrying to me, this man famously gets everything spectacularly wrong, so fully expect another lockdown in weeks.

Oh *&%$

'Professor Lockdown' Neil Ferguson today raised hopes that the UK will be 'looking back' at the pandemic by October after Covid cases fell for a sixth day running.

We're doomed aren't we.  He's got virtually everything wrong so far, that probably means we'll all be dead by October ? 

51 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9829585/Ministers-plead-calm-Covid-cases-fall-SIX-DAYS-running.html

This is really worrying to me, this man famously gets everything spectacularly wrong, so fully expect another lockdown in weeks.

I literally watched this guy on tv sometime within the last 2 weeks saying we would definitely reach 100,000 cases a day and maybe even 200,000.

Why is he even still being given airtime and newspaper space?

I could do what he does, shout out random numbers and when they turn out wrong just say what the actual evidence is showing.

If people want to go on hols they may need several PCR tests or stay in hotels at £1700 and they may have never be in contact with anyone at risk of COVID. Millions of people who are pinged ,so may well have been in contact,don't need to quarantine. Granted their jobs are essential well some of them are.It makes no sense.What about about all those from the NHS from foreign countries or simply want a break, they can work and be at risk but can't rest or visit loved ones. Pissup and brewery, spring to mind 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Oh *&%$

'Professor Lockdown' Neil Ferguson today raised hopes that the UK will be 'looking back' at the pandemic by October after Covid cases fell for a sixth day running.

We're doomed aren't we.  He's got virtually everything wrong so far, that probably means we'll all be dead by October ? 

Basically yeah, we’re absolutely screwed now the messiah has spoken. Wish I’d held off paying my tax bill now ?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I literally watched this guy on tv sometime within the last 2 weeks saying we would definitely reach 100,000 cases a day and maybe even 200,000.

Isn't he also the 'expert' who, last year, predicted up to 250,000 deaths.

I believe, it's time that the media stopped bringing out all and sundry to give their expert opinions, with their algorithim's, graphs and charts, and even 'league tables', as we know the Covid virus is here to stay, and we will have to live with it for many years to come, as we do with influenza, and have a booster jab every Autumn or Winter.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Isn't he also the 'expert' who, last year, predicted up to 250,000 deaths.

I believe, it's time that the media stopped bringing out all and sundry to give their expert opinions, with their algorithim's, graphs and charts, and even 'league tables', as we know the Covid virus is here to stay, and we will have to live with it for many years to come, as we do with influenza, and have a booster jab every Autumn or Winter.

I think, in his defence the 250,000 was a worst case scenario with no restrictions introduced. 

29 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

New cases reported today (23.5k) are half of what they were last Tuesday and the 7th straight daily drop - Tuesday figures are normally always higher than Mondays.

(yes, I know I'm obsessed - I just can't quite believe the dramatic drop-off)

Are there figures for how many tests carried out to go with that ? Drop off in tests? Not that I think that’s a bad thing if so ,,, look at deaths and hospitalisation s ,get tested if you have symptoms ??‍♂️

Just now, Archied said:

Not great in terms of multiple tests for individuals, Surely that skews the figures ? Not noticed that before

I’m not sure, I’ve only browned it a couple of times. The graphs aren’t exactly user friendly on mobile. I can tell you though last time I checked we were doing 1.2m tests a day, so there’s been a 400k drop off. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think, in his defence the 250,000 was a worst case scenario with no restrictions introduced. 

Yes, I agree, that was the worst case, however, that was the headline figures, which put the media world into a frenzy, and panic stations amongst the politicians.

Prof. Ferguson has made many presumptions, and many have been nowhere near the figures he has produced with his graphs.

I could produce alogrithim which gave a prediction chart for cases, hospitalisations and deaths, based on the figures the media has shown over the past month, however, I'm not a professor, and my prediction would be laughed at as some sort of crank.

A figure of 22,000 new cases a day means nothing, if it hasn't content, such as age groups; ethinicity; other health problems; have they been vaccinated with one or two jabs, or none at all.