The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I'm not sure what point you think I've been trying to make with my posts?

All I have stated (with links) is that some countries have had success with Ivermectin and it is undergoing a proper trial here in the UK - which may or may not lead to your peer reviewed study.

I'm not suggesting anyone should take it and I'm not pinning all my hopes on it.  If it work, it works.  If it doesn't, it doesn't.  The only personal comment I made was 'Personally, I hope Ivermectin or or some other readily available, proven drug is found to help in the battle vs covid as it will give those hesitant to take the vaccines alternative medicines'  as the drug is approx 40 years old with a proven track record.

There will be vested interest not hoping as much as you are ,,,, MONEY, PATENT S

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As @maxjamnow knows the AZ are not the RNA tech and quite a large majority of our shave been those. So you could always chose to have the AZ. Your point isn't valid for this vaccine and you've still not actually backed up your assertion with facts ?

maxjam already new the AZ vaccine wasn't MRNA ?

maxjam also knows that whilst not all vaccines use MRNA technology, they all produce spike proteins - which along with the delivery method, there has been some debate about. 

You also typically can't choose what vaccine you're given and the under 40s get MRNA vaccines;

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

There will be vested interest not hoping as much as you are ,,,, MONEY, PATENT S

Money and Politics ?

Not sure what the arguments in here are about though - unless they have invested in Big Pharma stocks ?  Surely a study into a potential alternative therapy is a good thing?  It will answer the question as to whether Ivermectin is a viable option or not.

If some people are unwilling to take a vaccine due to long term concerns or whatever reason it is they may have, I'd happily test everything available to see if something worked.  The more people we can help, the better.

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Surely a study into a potential alternative therapy is a good thing? 

Absolutely it is. And when the general consensus in the scientific community says it's safe, I'll agree with Andrew3000. But before that happens, it's still anecdotal evidence. 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Absolutely it is. And when the general consensus in the scientific community says it's safe, I'll agree with Andrew3000. But before that happens, it's still anecdotal evidence. 

I don't think I've seen anyone argue that the jab isn't as safe as it can be in the short term and certainly for the older generations the benefits outweigh any risks *but* as we all know covid doesn't effect the younger generations as much as and they will have far more to lose if any long term complications do arise.  

My lads aren't having it, neither of them want it - I've tried to be as unbiased as possible when they have asked me questions but the 18yo at least has spoken a lot with his friends and they are all of the same 'long term concerns' mindset. 

Assuming vaccine passports don't become a thing, they can all afford to wait 10 years for the long term data to come in and still be in an age group that is at next to no risk.  It is their choice and they shouldn't be coerced into taking a vaccine that has no long term data for an illness that almost certainly won't effect them to badly. 

Against my better wishes, just been dragged to The Eagle Centre or whatever name it goes under these days, by the kids.

Although I didn't carry an @Eddiestyle forensic survey, I'd say it was pretty much 50/50 on the mask front. 

Interestingly, there were plenty of very young people still wearing masks and plenty of very old people not bothering. 

Exactly how it should have been since the get to for me, grown ups being given the choice on how they want to live their lives.

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Against my better wishes, just been dragged to The Eagle Centre or whatever name it goes under these days, by the kids.

Although I didn't carry an @Eddiestyle forensic survey, I'd say it was pretty much 50/50 on the mask front. 

Interestingly, there were plenty of very young people still wearing masks and plenty of very old people not bothering. 

Exactly how it should have been since the get to for me, grown ups being given the choice on how they want to live their lives.

Yep ,didn’t see too many up in arms when my family and millions of others were given the choice to risk the virus or starve and become homeless from day 1 ? but they are not so happy if we are given the choice of vaccine, mask or any risk away from work ??‍♂️
as a note I don’t deliver non essentials for a living?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

all know covid doesn't effect the younger generations as much as and they will have far more to lose if any long term complications do arise

The part of this statement that isn't true, is about long Covid, which seems to affect all age groups equally. Long Covid seems to hit around 1 to 2 percent of those that get Covid. That is pretty high known risk to weigh against their perceived risks around the vaccines (for which there is no/much less evidence).

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

The part of this statement that isn't true, is about long Covid, which seems to affect all age groups equally. Long Covid seems to hit around 1 to 2 percent of those that get Covid. That is pretty high known risk to weigh against their perceived risks around the vaccines (for which there is no/much less evidence).

long covid ,,,, what’s next longer covid??‍♂️

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Can't find the link now, but I read a headline this morning that suggested that even mild covid can cause brain 'damage'.

Some Long Covid info here;

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/infections

- As of early June 2021, 1.5% of the population were experiencing self-reported long COVID

- An estimated 962,000 people in private households in the UK (1.5%) were experiencing self-reported long COVID as of 6 June 2021. 

- Of those reporting long COVID symptoms, 4 in 10 were experiencing these symptoms over a year after the first (suspected) infection. 

- Symptoms adversely affected the day-to-day activities of around two-thirds of those with self-reported long COVID. 

- Fatigue, shortness of breath, muscle ache and difficulty concentrating were the most common long COVID symptoms. 

- Self-reported long COVID was more common in females, those aged 35 to 69 years, people living in the most deprived areas, those working in health or social care, and those with another health condition or disability. 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Is that peer reviewed ?

If I could find the headline again, likely to be in the BBC, I could tell you.

But here's an old article describing what covid does to the brain. With links to a study in The Lancet and a Canadian neuroscientist.

Coronavirus: What does Covid-19 do to the brain? - BBC News

Edited by RoyMac5

Looks like the Aussie's have finally had enough of their insane lockdown rules

Also say huge protests in France, Italy, Holland and the UK today re. vaccine passports/medical tyranny etc.

This has got to come to an end now, pretty much everyone that wants the jab will have had the opportunity to be jabbed (twice) shortly - if we can open up without restriction then we need to fight for our rights.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Some Long Covid info here;

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/infections

- As of early June 2021, 1.5% of the population were experiencing self-reported long COVID

- An estimated 962,000 people in private households in the UK (1.5%) were experiencing self-reported long COVID as of 6 June 2021. 

- Of those reporting long COVID symptoms, 4 in 10 were experiencing these symptoms over a year after the first (suspected) infection. 

- Symptoms adversely affected the day-to-day activities of around two-thirds of those with self-reported long COVID. 

- Fatigue, shortness of breath, muscle ache and difficulty concentrating were the most common long COVID symptoms. 

- Self-reported long COVID was more common in females, those aged 35 to 69 years, people living in the most deprived areas, those working in health or social care, and those with another health condition or disability. 

First we had to close the world ,destroy lives and create other deaths and health problems because huge numbers would die and were dropping down dead in the streets in China 

When that was not in the slightest how things actually were we had to protect the nhs 

Now that’s no longer the case it’s  long covid 

only the old and vulnerable, now it’s the young 

it’s was deaths and hospitalised numbers , now it’s case numbers 

it was covid , then it was alpha covid , Kent covid , Nepal covid , South African covid , Indian covid

theres always another reason for people to be scared and another reason to be controlled and coerced ??‍♂️

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If I could find the headline again, likely to be in the BBC, I could tell you.

But here's an old article describing what covid does to the brain. With links to a study in The Lancet and a Canadian neuroscientist.

Coronavirus: What does Covid-19 do to the brain? - BBC News

Nope just a view much like many views in lancet and the bmj that disagree with the official line that gets dismissed ??‍♂️