The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

...and as predicted - just had the text to say my lad's Y6 bubble is closed because of a postive covid test in the class

The kid testing positive hasn't been in school since Tuesday so the 10 days isolation ends the day we are due to go away on holiday - so good timing in that respect. Just got to hope that none of us test positive in the meantime

I feel so sorry for the kids though, as its the last year of Juniors and now they don't even get to have a proper last day, just all sent home in a rush - and like that it's all over ?

31 minutes ago, Norman said:

It will be like my workplace. You can't have the app on, even in the car park, and you have to spend 15 minutes or more with no mask under 2 metres away to qualify to isolate from a close contact. 

You can't just have people self-isolating. You get tested everyday too. Basically, you can't be off work unless positive. 

Cool let's hope that is happening in NHS too. 

14 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

...and as predicted - just had the text to say my lad's Y6 bubble is closed because of a postive covid test in the class

The kid testing positive hasn't been in school since Tuesday so the 10 days isolation ends the day we are due to go away on holiday - so good timing in that respect. Just got to hope that none of us test positive in the meantime

I feel so sorry for the kids though, as its the last year of Juniors and now they don't even get to have a proper last day, just all sent home in a rush - and like that it's all over ?

Saves them getting egged though.

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

It's 0.1% of the population and a good chunk would have died of other causes but died with Covid instead of dying of Covid. Alot of people who would have soon died of old age or another illness die of Covid instead so it makes the numbers look more significant. 

How many of them would have not died, ever?

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Well we are up to 50k cases a day now with 1.5m a week people told to isolate.

100k cases will be here soon, with maybe 3m cases people per week told to isolate.

There is a much higher chance of public facing roles, such as NHS having to isolate than people working at home.

The government are saying it will be a few weeks before they amend their world beating app.

I think it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that unfortunately another lockdown will be here soon.

How many times will we continue to act when it's too late?

Certainly got that impression from Chris Whittys face this morning. Looked rather panic stricken and was talking about hospital numbers.

The three people I know who have had this in the last week have all gotten it from there children who participated in the football festivities in the boozers, so we may be seeing a considerable rise from that over the next week or so. I hope that's inflating the figures and if people isolate in the correct manner it may drop a bit. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many of them would have not died, ever?

I would say Zero of them would have never died.  Apart from Deadpool 

You couldn't make this up.

Over the past 5 years I have found it virtually impossible to get in at my doctors - never any spaces, need to book an appointment 2 weeks in advance yada yada, ring up at 8am (when I am usually sorting my kids out for school) and spend an hour on the phone to finally get through and be told to call back tomorrow.

Now, out of the blue, during a pandemic which is supposedly stretching the health system to breaking point, I have just received a text to say I am eligible for a free health check and I should call the local GP to book my appointment.

Beginning to think this is some sort of Truman show type experiment that I am taking part in...

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Over the past 5 years I have found it virtually impossible to get in at my doctors - never any spaces, need to book an appointment 2 weeks in advance yada yada, ring up at 8am (when I am usually sorting my kids out for school) and spend an hour on the phone to finally get through and be told to call back tomorrow.

Now, out of the blue, during a pandemic which is supposedly stretching the health system to breaking point, I have just received a text to say I am eligible for a free health check and I should call the local GP to book my appointment.

Beginning to think this is some sort of Truman show type experiment that I am taking part in...

I think you'll find you still won't see your doctor, the health checks are done by a nurse. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Isn’t the real pressure on the health service (or feared pressure) on hospitals rather than local surgeries? Your local doctor/practice nurse wouldn’t be seeing covid patients. Maybe they’re just filling up gaps in their appointment books with such reviews. 

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Isn’t the real pressure on the health service (or feared pressure) on hospitals rather than local surgeries? Your local doctor/practice nurse wouldn’t be seeing covid patients. Maybe they’re just filling up gaps in their appointment books with such reviews. 

Yeah I know, it was just a little rant on my part as it is near on impossible to ever get in at the local surgery. 

Anyway Ive messaged them back and told them they need to text me before 8am in the morning if they would like me to come in for an appointment.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

drink drivers, dangerous drivers and other road related deaths per year - 1850

violent thugs (homocide) - 800

health and safety deaths at work - 150

And the number of proven deaths caused by people exercising their right to breathe in air??

Does anyone know the latest age range of covid deaths?

We've seen infections hovering around the 50k mark for a while now and typically the death rate is approx 1 in 1000 - but according to the following article, most covid deaths are now in the vaccinated (for very understandable reasons, not a conspiracy theory article). 

If that is the case and despite 50k daily infections the fatality rate starts to look 'even better' and Monday's Freedom Day really should be a last day of restrictions, track and trace, etc.