The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

No answer to why a manufacturer of these vaccines can in one breath tell us they are safe and will not turn out to have long term problems but in the next demand and be granted indemnity if they turn out not to be? Thought some would be right on that??‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

No answer to why a manufacturer of these vaccines can in one breath tell us they are safe and will not turn out to have long term problems but in the next demand and be granted indemnity if they turn out not to be? Thought some would be right on that??‍♂️

How many people suing them do you think it would take to make a large financial dent? Not many is my guess, and we know/are told they are not 100% safe. Spoiler alert: no drug is 100% safe

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many people suing them do you think it would take to make a large financial dent? Not many is my guess, and we know/are told they are not 100% safe. Spoiler alert: no drug is 100% safe

Ahhhh ,, that’ll be why we don’t give drugs to people who don’t actually need them ?

Edited by Archied

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

No that’ll be why we don’t give drugs to those that do need them , different thing

I always think that must be one of the toughest desk based jobs available, deciding who is and isn't value for money on a life saving/improving basis.

33 minutes ago, Rev said:

I always think that must be one of the toughest desk based jobs available, deciding who is and isn't value for money on a life saving/improving basis.

Yes , must be a nightmare and been standard long long before covid

36 minutes ago, Rev said:

The thing I find sad through all this is where’s the noise around learning our lesson and really reversing the decline in our nhs , building it to something that is not hanging on by its finger nails every winter , 

So the supposed opening up on the 19th is turning into a bizarre mess which in my humble opinion will cause very big problems and divide people ,from ordinary mask/ no mask to employers v workers and unions , is it just as simple as boris being a populist who doesn’t want to hitch his wagon to one side of public opinion or the other until it’s clearer which side is in the majority ??‍♂️

40 minutes ago, Archied said:

So the supposed opening up on the 19th is turning into a bizarre mess which in my humble opinion will cause very big problems and divide people ,from ordinary mask/ no mask to employers v workers and unions , is it just as simple as boris being a populist who doesn’t want to hitch his wagon to one side of public opinion or the other until it’s clearer which side is in the majority ??‍♂️

Weirdly I’m intending to use my own judgment where and when masks should be worn and where I feel comfortable mixing with other people. If businesses ask me to wear a mask to use their facilities I’ll put my mask on or else go elsewhere.

I’d suggest anyone who doesn’t have any common sense continues to moan that they don’t understand the rules and to blame everyone else for their woes…

Remember people, if you continue to demand that the government tell you how to live your lives and how to behave, you won’t be in a position to complain when they (whichever flavour is in charge) one day bring in even more restrictions on your liberties…

Had the conversation at work yesterday about mask wearing in the office. Took the view in the end not to make them mandatory.. We have lots still working from home, so plenty of space really. We did a quick straw pole and nobody voted to keep them.. 90% double jabbed as well.