The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

30 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Shorter, strict lockdown certainly seem the best approach, like our first one that reduced cases massively.

Theoretically, 2 to 3 weeks of no one leaving their homes should mean the virus cannot spread.

We've had half-arsed restrictions since last September, that have twice allowed new variants to spread round the country.

I think we'd have all preferred 2 or 3 short term proper lockdowns over what we've had. The economy certainly would have preferred it.

Other countries have shown this is the way to deal with it.

I kind of agree, but still don’t see the value in any lockdowns from what I’ve seen in the UK.

31 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I kind of agree, but still don’t see the value in any lockdowns from what I’ve seen in the UK.

Surely you accept that the spikes in Covid deaths were hugely reduced by the lockdowns last Spring and Winter?

Are you saying the negative effects of lockdowns outweigh this reduction in deaths, rather than there was no value in lockdowns?

Even our half-arsed lockdowns and restrictions hugely brought down cases and hence deaths.

What magic have other countries employed to quickly jump on any outbreaks and stop the spread? I wish we had been able to do this each time our case numbers became very low.

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Surely you accept that the spikes in Covid deaths were hugely reduced by the lockdowns last Spring and Winter?

Are you saying the negative effects of lockdowns outweigh this reduction in deaths, rather than there was no value in lockdowns?

Even our half-arsed lockdowns and restrictions hugely brought down cases and hence deaths.

What magic have other countries employed to quickly jump on any outbreaks and stop the spread? I wish we had been able to do this each time our case numbers became very low.

To answer your 1st question I don’t, I don’t think they do anything either way. If we didn’t lock down we would have had exactly the same result. Locking down the way we did makes zero difference. This has been proven time and time again with Countries and parts of countries whom either didn’t lockdown and or have opened up fully even with cases in the geographical area . On both the examples above the infection/death rate hasn’t risen, hasn’t got out of control and hasn’t overwhelmed the health service. However this is never discussed or debating as the populous has been spoon fed that “locking down” is the only way to flatten the curves. Maybe just maybe letting it take it’s cause will do that for you and prevent all the negatives that come with the stupid lockdowns. Just my opinion backed up evidentially from Sweden, Texas and Florida.  Anyway I’ve banged this drum enough on here regarding lockdowns, so nothing we from me I’m afraid. 

30 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sajid Javid has Covid now. Sounds like he is ok though.

Well they better speed up the introduction of these vaccine passports or they will never get away with it as the number of people testing positive who have been double jabbed is rising and my hunch is they are going to rise hugely ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

Interesting conversation with a friend today who had covid last year , recovered and was fine was double jabbed recently ( long after having covid ) and has now developed tiredness and an issue where his heart goes into overdrive in a scary way , he has been diagnosed as having long covid , crossed my mind he was absolutely fine till having jabs??‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well they better speed up the introduction of these vaccine passports or they will never get away with it as the number of people testing positive who have been double jabbed is rising and my hunch is they are going to rise hugely ??‍♂️

I know quite a few people who have been doubled jabbed and have it, fortunately all of them aren't too ill.

When Javid himself said that cases were going to hit 100k soon, I wonder if that estimate included all the double jabbed people as well. I hope it did.

Edited by ariotofmyown
Ill not well!

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know quite a few people who have been doubled jabbed and have it, fortunately all of them aren't too well.

When Javid himself said that cases were going to hit 100k soon, I wonder if that estimate included all the double jabbed people as well. I hope it did.

Kind of throws a spanner in the works of forcing vaccines on people who don’t want them ??‍♂️, I have always believed and am now starting to hear and read it from people far more qualified that the harder it gets for a virus to infect people ( vaccinated ) the more it is likely to mutate 

31 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know quite a few people who have been doubled jabbed and have it, fortunately all of them aren't too ill.

Where are the peer reviews and stats on this assertion of yours?

52 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Here's some. It confirms that although there are double-jabbed covid victims, if they hadn't been jabbed they'd 'probably be dead'.

image.png.c29e301575c21360a59e1e71251be9df.png

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Kind of throws a spanner in the works of forcing vaccines on people who don’t want them ??‍♂️, I have always believed and am now starting to hear and read it from people far more qualified that the harder it gets for a virus to infect people ( vaccinated ) the more it is likely to mutate 

It would do if it a) could be reasonably proved that it was the vaccinations that has caused the problem and b) was more widespread than one potential incident, that we’re aware of on this forum, out of the millions that have been vaccinated. 

It’s obviously of no consolation to those impacted but it’s inevitable that there will be a very small number of people having an adverse reaction to all types of medication. The question is, is the risks from taking the vaccine greater or less than the risks, including long covid, of catching the virus whilst unvaccinated. 

With regard to your point on mutation, do you have any links to any articles on this? I’ve not seen or heard any such claims and that includes a Zoe research webex I joined last week.