The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s called trying to find out the facts in order to have an informed opinion and, whilst I know you were only joking, it was only 45 minutes out of my day.

You do know what else you can do in 45 mins don't you 

55 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It would do if it a) could be reasonably proved that it was the vaccinations that has caused the problem and b) was more widespread than one potential incident, that we’re aware of on this forum, out of the millions that have been vaccinated. 

It’s obviously of no consolation to those impacted but it’s inevitable that there will be a very small number of people having an adverse reaction to all types of medication. The question is, is the risks from taking the vaccine greater or less than the risks, including long covid, of catching the virus whilst unvaccinated. 

With regard to your point on mutation, do you have any links to any articles on this? I’ve not seen or heard any such claims and that includes a Zoe research webex I joined last week.

You missed the point of the post you replied to , it was regards numbers of double jabbed people starting to test positive for covid rising , not that the jab was causing that rise but that if that trend continues it invalidates vaccine passport s and mandating ,coercing, pressuring  people into having the jab to protect others if they personaly don’t want or can’t have it for whatever reasons??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

52 minutes ago, Archied said:

You missed the point of the post you replied to , it was regards numbers of double jabbed people starting to test positive for covid rising , not that the jab was causing that rise but that if that trend continues it invalidates vaccine passport s and mandating ,coercing, pressuring  people into having the jab to protect others if they personaly don’t want or can’t have it for whatever reasons??‍♂️

You’re right and apologies. I was mixing up your posts and was responding to your comment about a friend who was feeling worse after the jabs (I know I shouldn’t have had that extra glass of wine with the BBQ).

Sadly, there are far too many unknowns. Would those that have caught the virus after being double jabbed have been more seriously ill (hence putting pressure on the NHS) if they hadn’t had the vaccine? Does having the vaccine reduce the risk of passing the virus on if you still catch it yourself?

I’m not in favour of mandatory jabs but, whilst still sitting on the fence, can understand the argument for temporary vaccine passports in the medium term for certain circumstances.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that IF it could be reasonably proven that you are less likely the pass the virus on if you've been vaccinated then I'd be in favour of passports for certain circumstances for a period of time but, I don't think that's been proven yet.

Edited by Tamworthram

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You’re right and apologies. I was mixing up your posts and was responding to your comment about a friend who was feeling worse after the jabs (I know I shouldn’t have had that extra glass of wine with the BBQ).

Sadly, there are far too many unknowns. Would those that have caught the virus after being double jabbed have been more seriously ill (hence putting pressure on the NHS) if they hadn’t had the vaccine? Does having the vaccine reduce the risk of passing the virus on if you still catch it yourself?

I’m not in favour of mandatory jabs but, whilst still sitting on the fence, can understand the argument for temporary vaccine passports in the medium term for certain circumstances.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that IF it could be reasonably proven that you are less likely the pass the virus on if you've been vaccinated then I'd be in favour of passports for certain circumstances for a period of time but, I don't think that's been proven yet.

I agree there’s lots that’s not been proven around all this , whichever way you see things ,,, for me though a two tier society which we very much look to be heading towards is a very dangerous route to start going down , I’m not sure everybody is looking at just what a massive crossroads we are standing at 

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It would do if it a) could be reasonably proved that it was the vaccinations that has caused the problem and b) was more widespread than one potential incident, that we’re aware of on this forum, out of the millions that have been vaccinated. 

It’s obviously of no consolation to those impacted but it’s inevitable that there will be a very small number of people having an adverse reaction to all types of medication. The question is, is the risks from taking the vaccine greater or less than the risks, including long covid, of catching the virus whilst unvaccinated. 

With regard to your point on mutation, do you have any links to any articles on this? I’ve not seen or heard any such claims and that includes a Zoe research webex I joined last week.

This point about mutations is just people mixing up ideas. Mutations tend with numbers infected, and vaccinating people reduces the overall number of expected infections, hence reducing the likelihood of further mutations. Some people are confusing this with the idea that using antibiotics leading to antibiotic resistant bacteria, which is true, but the situation is more complicated. The biggest risk with antibiotic resistant bacteria is widespread use of antibiotics, while not using them effectively to drive the number of bacteria overall down. Examples of such issues are people only taking part of their course of antibiotics, or blanket giving antibiotics. 

The big risk for more variants of concern is if you open up too soon, and allow uncontrolled spread through the community, as having more infected people means that there's greater risk of new variants appearing. 

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Would those that have caught the virus after being double jabbed have been more seriously ill (hence putting pressure on the NHS) if they hadn’t had the vaccine? 

In all likelihood yes.

They are seeing people who have been double-jabbed admitted, but less of a percentage and those who haven't been, and they are tending to be less sick.

The leader of the CDC in the US said last week 'we are now in a pandemic of the unvaccinated' as  rates in heavily pro-Trump supporting States like Missouri, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and Florida have skyrocketed.

It only needs one person who is fully vaccinated to die for some idiots to say 'see the vaccine doesn't work'. None of the vaccines are 100% effective so some people will still get sick (just probably not as sick) and some will die (just probably a LOT less).

I think the jury is out on whether you're less likely to pass on Covid if you are vaccinated. Well maybe not out, it seems that you are less likely, but the data is inconclusive to how less likely. 

9 hours ago, Archied said:

I agree there’s lots that’s not been proven around all this , whichever way you see things ,,, for me though a two tier society which we very much look to be heading towards is a very dangerous route to start going down , I’m not sure everybody is looking at just what a massive crossroads we are standing at 

We've already got a 2-tier society.

Those who care about others and those who don't.

17 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Johnson and Sunak have now been pinged by T&T……..but they’re going to take part in a trial and be tested everyday instead of isolating. Obviously you only need to isolate if you’re a peasant.

So, I work in a place where multiple people getting pinged would lead to a very dangerous environment immediately. Staff cannot just go off. You can be named a close contact through work, but you won't be told to isolate. You get tested daily instead. 

A close contact has to be over 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone with no mask on, who has tested positive. Hence why everyone I work with has had it. Because masks don't stop it. Not in such confined areas. 

So, us peasents have been involved in this trial for over a year. Tbh, I think running the country and economy is quite important. If everyone around them is vaccinated, then daily tests should suffice. 

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

So, I work in a place where multiple people getting pinged would lead to a very dangerous environment immediately. Staff cannot just go off. You can be named a close contact through work, but you won't be told to isolate. You get tested daily instead. 

A close contact has to be over 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone with no mask on, who has tested positive. Hence why everyone I work with has had it. Because masks don't stop it. Not in such confined areas. 

So, us peasents have been involved in this trial for over a year. Tbh, I think running the country and economy is quite important. If everyone around them is vaccinated, then daily tests should suffice. 

I understand the approach, but what happens/happened if the majority of staff then all get it at the same time?

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

That’s all well and good and in my opinion the correct way to deal with the test and trace but if you want everybody to follow the rules you have to practice what you preach and not just disregard them when it suits. You only have to read back through pages on this thread to get the idea of how many kids have been isolating from school for weeks on end because 1 kid has had a positive test. 

59 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We've already got a 2-tier society.

Those who care about others and those who don't.

Or the ones who preach about caring about others, but only actually put it into practice when it suits them. (I guess an example would be people who say the borders should have been closed but continue to order things from abroad, knowing that it is going to have to cross borders.)

And those that are honest and admit that they put the needs of themselves and their family first.

Haha as if they are now part of a trial, how convenient. Surely now no one has still got that app? 
That’s it precedent set, as of tomorrow the Covid rules are in the bin forever