The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Haha as if they are now part of a trial, how convenient. Surely now no one has still got that app? 
That’s it precedent set, as of tomorrow the Covid rules are in the bin forever 

Oh come on, surely it is just pure coincidence that every single one of the 'pilot schemes' has only been aimed at the rich and famous?

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh come on, surely it is just pure coincidence that every single one of the 'pilot schemes' has only been aimed at the rich and famous?

We also had the Euro final pilot scheme. Just coincidence that Uefa demanded 1000 VIPs were allowed to fly in for it.

27 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Haha as if they are now part of a trial, how convenient. Surely now no one has still got that app? 
That’s it precedent set, as of tomorrow the Covid rules are in the bin forever 

Johnson reportedly had a long meeting on Friday afternoon with Javid, so there must be a high chance he has it, unless he is now immune.

I imagine he'll now infect lots of other people, some of whom will get seriously ill.

He's praying that another England cricketer tweeted something unsavoury a few years ago so he can do another outrage diversion.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Johnson reportedly had a long meeting on Friday afternoon with Javid, so there must be a high chance he has it, unless he is now immune.

I imagine he'll now infect lots of other people, some of whom will get seriously ill.

He's praying that another England cricketer tweeted something unsavoury a few years ago so he can do another outrage diversion.

Based on?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

People I know who've caught it recently and that Johnson is reckless.

He'll be drinking an English pint tomorrow lunchtime in a busy English pub whilst wearing an English hard hat with a England football shirt over his suit.

But if he's mixing with other people that have had their jabs then everything should be okay?

If they haven't had their jabs, then they knew the risks.

The change of status in France seems rather bizarre. 3% of France's 5k per day cases are the beta variant, but most of these cases are on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean. I wish we had been as vigilant with delta variant.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/18/covid-cases-are-up-6000-miles-from-paris-france-baffled-by-uk-quarantine-change

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

But if he's mixing with other people that have had their jabs then everything should be okay?

If they haven't had their jabs, then they knew the risks.

I think a responsible citizen would try avoid people if they had been in a long meeting with someone who later tested positive the same day. We don't want to actively spread cases.

This is the trouble with relying on people's common sense. 

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think a responsible citizen would try avoid people if they had been in a long meeting with someone who later tested positive the same day. We don't want to actively spread cases.

This is the trouble with relying on people's common sense. 

How do you know what he will or wont be doing?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How do you know what he will or wont be doing?

I don't, but we all know he's reckless.

My response was hypothetical really. I hope people don't go out and mix in groups if they have been close to an infected person and don't have too.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I don't, but we all know he's reckless.

My response was hypothetical really. I hope people don't go out and mix in groups if they have been close to an infected person and don't have too.

Has he been reckless since he had coronavirus?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has he been reckless since he had coronavirus?

His decision making has often been reckless. His convoluted loans to re-decorate Number 10 at a time of national crisis seem reckless. Stoking racial tensions is always reckless, even purely from a political standpoint.

Worrying that you back someone who you seem to imply was reckless pre-Covid. 

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

His decision making has often been reckless. His convoluted loans to re-decorate Number 10 at a time of national crisis seem reckless. Stoking racial tensions is always reckless, even purely from a political standpoint.

Worrying that you back someone who you seem to imply was reckless pre-Covid. 

I'll take that as a no then.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

The change of status in France seems rather bizarre. 3% of France's 5k per day cases are the beta variant, but most of these cases are on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean. I wish we had been as vigilant with delta variant.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/18/covid-cases-are-up-6000-miles-from-paris-france-baffled-by-uk-quarantine-change

Some interesting stuff here on delta variant and other own goals in controlling Covid at our borders.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2021/06/how-uk-s-uncontrolled-borders-left-open-door-covid-19

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I lost interest after the first sentence. 

Clear what sort of article it would be.

This was the best bit:

"It was on 1 April of this year that ministers first learned that the Delta variant of coronavirus, which originated in India, had been discovered in the UK. The presence of a strain feared to be more transmissible than others was an obvious and immediate threat. Scientists had long warned that the greatest obstacle to full unlocking was the import of new variants from abroad. But it was not until 19 April that the government announced India would be added to the UK’s “red list” of countries – from which travel is strictly controlled – and not until 23 April that this decision was implemented (searches for flights to Britain from India rose by 250 per cent in the intervening period). 

The Delta variant has since become the dominant strain in the UK, accounting for up to 75 per cent of new Covid cases, and the government’s laxness helped fuel its spread. Between 4 April and 2 May, the variant rose from 4.9 per cent of all cases detected among travellers to 40.9 per cent."

Edited by ariotofmyown
Reckless?