The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

So we wouldn't be able to show our passport once to a staff member in the ticket office. To enable them to update a season ticket? Oh well, looks like we'll all be needing to get to the match earlier than usual.

No mate, your vaccine QR code has to update every few days, so you would have to keep giving the club your new code. I’d imagine they expire because your immunity is not permanent, if you missed a booster you’d be classed as unvaccinated so they can’t just hand out indefinite Covid passes.

9 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Wfh and masks indoors makes sense atm. Covid pass I think should be based more on covid tests than vaccines but support that.

As much as I hate the idea of vaccine passports I agree with you, id personally only allow entry with a negative test if you were going to do it. A room full of negative tests must be better than potentially, vaccinated carriers with different levels of immunity. But then maybe the tests are crap?

Take politics out of the situation, how do people in authority expect everyone to follow rules and guidance when they've blatantly broken these themselves. I feel sorry for people's loved ones who are dead or seriously ill because of this virus and these disgusting individuals in power treat it as a complete joke. What sacrifices have they had to make? No more cheese and wine Friday nights in the office, can't have some private time with the secretaries?

Disgrace. There's zero integrity left in my view and I'll be amazed if the majority of people stick to any social distancing measures going forward. Them two experts on the podium during these conferences need more recognition, their noses must be immune to all the brown stuff coming out of the politicians mouth.

I think the public will begrudgingly accept these new restrictions even though the data suggests there is no need for them, but what can you do when a few scientists backed up by the MSM want to scare it into folk. However if any more restrictions come into place such as families not seeing each other a Christmas again, pubs, restaurants and entertainment venues shutting, curfews and god forbid lockdowns, then I think that’s when (and at last) these will be totally ignored and the revolt to all this nonsense will start. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Take politics out of the situation, how do people in authority expect everyone to follow rules and guidance when they've blatantly broken these themselves. I feel sorry for people's loved ones who are dead or seriously ill because of this virus and these disgusting individuals in power treat it as a complete joke. What sacrifices have they had to make? No more cheese and wine Friday nights in the office, can't have some private time with the secretaries?

Disgrace. There's zero integrity left in my view and I'll be amazed if the majority of people stick to any social distancing measures going forward. Them two experts on the podium during these conferences need more recognition, their noses must be immune to all the brown stuff coming out of the politicians mouth.

Personally I think all this them not following the rules is sidetracking, where we are going is far more important, if they suddenly start following rules themselves do we say , ahh all good we are happy to have vaccine passports and mandatory vaccination or a society that discriminate s against unvaccinated? 
I will fight this stuff tooth and nail from now on because it’s very wrong not because some scumbags at the top openly take the pee 

Edited by Archied

59 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I think the public will begrudgingly accept these new restrictions even though the data suggests there is no need for them, but what can you do when a few scientists backed up by the MSM want to scare it into folk. However if any more restrictions come into place such as families not seeing each other a Christmas again, pubs, restaurants and entertainment venues shutting, curfews and god forbid lockdowns, then I think that’s when (and at last) these will be totally ignored and the revolt to all this nonsense will start. 

What data is that?.

The data I've seen is that we have a new variant which is doubling every 2-3 days and we don't know yet how serious infections are and the likelihood of hospitalisation and death. Isn't that grounds for being cautious, at least until that information is available?

17 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What data is that?.

The data I've seen is that we have a new variant which is doubling every 2-3 days and we don't know yet how serious infections are and the likelihood of hospitalisation and death. Isn't that grounds for being cautious, at least until that information is available?

The data they showed in the presentation yesterday with hospitalisation and deaths decreasing. The data reported everywhere else that says the new variant is mild, the data WHO is reporting that there have been zero deaths associated to this variant. The data from the scientists that say the vaccine works pretty well against the effects of this variant. Just that data, but your right let’s wait another two weeks, then maybe another two just to make sure, actually no let’s give it until may time when the weather warms up just to be double sure. It doesn’t matter about anything else that will be effected because Covid is our number 1 priority over absolutely everything. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

The data they showed in the presentation yesterday with hospitalisation and deaths decreasing. The data reported everywhere else that says the new variant is mild, the data WHO is reporting that there have been zero deaths associated to this variant. The data from the scientists that say the vaccine works pretty well against the effects of this variant. Just that data, but your right let’s wait another two weeks, then maybe another two just to make sure, actually no let’s give it until may time when the weather warms up just to be double sure. It doesn’t matter about anything else that will be effected because Covid is our number 1 priority over absolutely everything. 

So far, yes. but the variant hasn't been around long enough to have had an effect on deaths - which are generally at least 4 weeks after infection.

If the data says in a week or two that it's mild and doesn't kill people then that's great and all restrictions should go. Let us all catch it and get on with our lives.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I agree. Rightly or wrongly, I really can’t see the majority of the public not spending time with family for two Christmases in a row, especially after we’ve been let off the leash for a few months.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

DO AS I SAY...you can fill in the rest

1 minute ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

DO AS I SAY...you can fill in the rest

I predict...

A week of outrage about plans to introduce vaccine passports and higher levels of response to Omicron.

Bowing to public pressure, the stricter rules are cut back a bit, and the passports idea is scrapped.

General public outrage subsides.

Everyone forgets about the party and we carry on like nothing has happened.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I really can’t see the majority of the public not spending time with family for two Christmases in a row

Sounds lovely to me. Most of my family have spent the last two years telling me what a good job Boris is doing so if the PM instructs me to lock them out it's only correct that I comply. Merry Xmas x ??