The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

this is what is required to fly over for  effin football this weekend 

• Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated
  • Before you travel to England you must:
  • take a COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 2 days before you travel to England 59 euro 
  • book and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test – to be taken after you arrive in England 55 pounds 
  • complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
  1. flight cost 22.99 euro
  2. hotel 40 euro 

I work overseas from time to time and continued doing so during the lock-down. Probably made half a dozen return trips into various parts of mainland Europe since March 2020. Total cost of airfares during this time ~£1,000, total cost of mandatory Covid tests for these flights ~£1,800 (worst case was for FIVE tests for one trip)

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Isn't every crime historical....literally

Can it even be a crime if it has't happened yet?

Even conspiracy is people planning a crime.

Or were you being super smart?

It was in reference to Dominic Raab suggesting the party wouldn’t be investigated, because the police don’t investigate year old crimes ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/dominic-raab-bizarrely-christmas-party-police-investigation-vc51c297d?amp

39 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Angela Stratton (the woman in the video) has just resigned - presumably rather than being sacked.

Anyone want the lottery numbers?.

I'm holding off paying the deposit on ouor works pub lunch for a couple of days in case things change tonight.

The poor woman has had a bad day and now you call her Angela.

It's "Allegra", darling. (He says with a plum stuck in his throat)

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

10 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is anybody going to bother sticking to the rules? 

Think a lot of folk will pop a mask on to do their shopping or perhaps in large crowds, but I suppose it depends what additional restrictions are applied, if any. Also those in the super high-risk category will also probably be naturally cautious given the time of year.

Vaccinations do seem to have brought things under control, at least in terms of those who become critically ill, so the government might find the nation somewhat less supplicant this year than last if they do try to introduce measures that are obviously over zealous.

12 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Think a lot of folk will pop a mask on to do their shopping or perhaps in large crowds, but I suppose it depends what additional restrictions are applied, if any. Also those in the super high-risk category will also probably be naturally cautious given the time of year.

Vaccinations do seem to have brought things under control, at least in terms of those who become critically ill, so the government might find the nation somewhat less supplicant this year than last if they do try to introduce measures that are obviously over zealous.

Asda where I live, On Sunday i'd guess only half the shoppers were wearing masks, Security went AWOL, When I shop there next week i'll wager the majority will not be wearing face masks, I'll carry on wearing my Snood...as it makes me look like a Gangsta.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

I work overseas from time to time and continued doing so during the lock-down. Probably made half a dozen return trips into various parts of mainland Europe since March 2020. Total cost of airfares during this time ~£1,000, total cost of mandatory Covid tests for these flights ~£1,800 (worst case was for FIVE tests for one trip)

Going to euros was as bad. having tests every 3 days.  

Entertainment hit again now here. Was due to see the undertones on the 17th but cancelled due to max 50% capacity.

Clubs shut again, pubs 12am curfew. This is with  95% of the adults vaccinated 

Edited by OUTSIDER

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Asda where I live, On Sunday i'd guess only half the shoppers were wearing masks, Security went AWOL, When I shop there next week i'll wager the majority will not be wearing face masks, I'll carry on wearing my Snood...as it makes me look like a Gangsta.

In Sainsbury’s today and I would say the overwhelming majority had masks on. Same at Wilko’s. Perhaps folk were you live don’t think the rules apply to them because they’re special.

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Johnson certainly hinted at that. Not now, but "in the future".

Johnson hinted at it ,,, there are those who predicted with certainty that was what was going to be the case TWO YEARS AGO ,

conspiracy theorists ????,, erm perhaps not