The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Perhaps a more sensible response might be vote them out of government whilst still ensuring we protect the relatively small numbers of individuals who remain at risk this winter?

That’s is a sensible response and why you are so much a better person than I. 

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Even if you have 1 share, you've still made money off it. Also, the headline is clickbait nonsense.

mRNA was trading at over $400 a share in August/Sept. It then had adrop off to $225 in November. The news with Omicron saw it bounce back to $375, before falling back down to $275. 

The headline makes it sound like it has spiked to new levels. It hasn't. Their wealth may have skyrocketed $10 billion, but one month prior their wealth dropped by a lot more than that. Where is that in the article?

Cool, you have 1 share so you've made a few quid.  Yay.

Only about 33% of Brits own shares, do you think they are the already wealthier 33% or the people that use food banks or life hand to mouth with their wages?  Or perhaps its those people that have been stuck at home unable to work throughout the pandemic that have been investing their dwindling savings...

https://www.finder.com/uk/investment-statistics

Or perhaps its rich just getting richer? 

Moderna’s CEO, Stephane Bancel, personally became more than $824m richer in the week after the announcement, with the value of his shares rising from $6,052,522,978 to $6,876,528,630.

He sold off 10,000 shares for $319 each on 26 November, the day after the variant was announced, cashing out $3.19m.

https://www.cityam.com/blackrock-and-vanguard-rake-in-billions-omicron-variant-made-moderna-and-pfizer-shareholders-10bn-in-a-week/

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Cool, you have 1 share so you've made a few quid.  Yay.

Only about 33% of Brits own shares, do you think they are the already wealthier 33% or the people that use food banks or life hand to mouth with their wages?  Or perhaps its those people that have been stuck at home unable to work throughout the pandemic that have been investing their dwindling savings...

https://www.finder.com/uk/investment-statistics

Or perhaps its rich just getting richer? 

Moderna’s CEO, Stephane Bancel, personally became more than $824m richer in the week after the announcement, with the value of his shares rising from $6,052,522,978 to $6,876,528,630.

He sold off 10,000 shares for $319 each on 26 November, the day after the variant was announced, cashing out $3.19m.

https://www.cityam.com/blackrock-and-vanguard-rake-in-billions-omicron-variant-made-moderna-and-pfizer-shareholders-10bn-in-a-week/

But don’t you think that’s just an obvious consequence? Those in the pharmaceutical trade have become wealthier no doubt. But come on, this isn’t some giant cahoot especially considering huge companies have suffered too.

Energy companies like Exxon, BP, COP, PXD, CVX were all worth more before COVID while major airlines companies like BA, DAL, AAL have been shot to pieces. Tourism so beat. Football, one of the worlds leading economic contributors, was gone for a while.

Pharmas don’t hold that much power. Come on.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

But don’t you think that’s just an obvious consequence? Those in the pharmaceutical trade have become wealthier no doubt. But come on, this isn’t some giant cahoot especially considering huge companies have suffered too.

Energy companies like Exxon, BP, COP, PXD, CVX were all worth more before COVID while major airlines companies like BA, DAL, AAL have been shot to pieces. Tourism so beat. Football, one of the worlds leading economic contributors, was gone for a while.

Pharmas don’t hold that much power. Come on.

When have I said it has been anything other than a 'happy coincidence' for those that are profiting?

All I have said was the richer have gotten rich whilst the poor have gotten poorer.  

I do however think there is no real urgency to bring this all to an end now though - absolute power corrupts absolutely  'n all that.

14 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

These bar stewards are laughing at us.

14 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

These bar stewards are laughing at us.

Video and story here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59573845

If I could effing swear on here without it being deleted I would, My Mother passed last April from Covid, We were not allowed to see her as she was in a nursing home, I have her death certificate as proof, These effing barstewards are filth, We've been hog tied for 2 years, Lost jobs, Masked up, Not being able to see friends and family, And yet these ass holes think they're better than us, I'm not a happy man, Not happy at all, The Torys are now on life support especially after the Paterson debacle, I despise them.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Worst thing here is that people, who would usually lambast the Government over this, have spent the last 18 months lecturing us that we should trust the Government and do everything they say, so are probably abit hesitant about now completely backtracking.

Is that true?

Or are people really saying 'trust the governments scientific team and people who are apolitical who advise the government?'

I'm sure you know that they are two completely different things, but I was wondering.

I can trust SAGE or any leading expert without it impacting whether I trust the government in general. 

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Video and story here

If I could effing swear on here without it being deleted I would, My Mother passed last April from Covid, We were not allowed to see her as she was in a nursing home, I have her death certificate as proof, These effing barstewards are filth, We've been hog tied for 2 years, Lost jobs, Masked up, Not being able to see friends and family, And yet these ass holes think they're better than us, I'm not a happy man, Not happy at all, The Torys are now on life support especially after the Paterson debacle, I despise them.

She sounded pissed responding ffs!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in government this morning.

I'd be surprised if Boris did any more than move from saying there was no party, to saying he was unaware of the party & maybe sack someone as a fall-guy. It's just not in his nature to tell the truth.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Video and story here

My god you have my condolences,, we must never never allow this kind of inhumane garbage to be forced on us again and as for the sage and advisors being neutral and above it all just watch their refusal to be honest on cummings rule breaking, Ferguson the modeller telling the country to be scared witless but not in the least scared himself,

Edited by Archied

From BBC Live feed:

A meeting of the government's Covid Operations Committee is scheduled for early this afternoon, followed by a cabinet meeting to discuss potentially moving to "Plan B" measures, a government source has told the BBC.

Depending on the outcome, this would be followed by a press conference by the prime minister and House of Commons statement by the health secretary.

The measures under discussion include advice on working from home, further rules on masks and some form of Covid certification.

Good luck with that!

An anti masker/anti vaxxer said in an interview "You are triple jabbed, not vulnerable, wearing a mask, so why are you bothered what I do"

Well if I was a cop wearing full body armour helmet etc; even then I would not want to be in the same room as a guy holding a machine gun, and I sure wouldn't want to let him loose on the general population.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

From BBC Live feed:

A meeting of the government's Covid Operations Committee is scheduled for early this afternoon, followed by a cabinet meeting to discuss potentially moving to "Plan B" measures, a government source has told the BBC.

Depending on the outcome, this would be followed by a press conference by the prime minister and House of Commons statement by the health secretary.

The measures under discussion include advice on working from home, further rules on masks and some form of Covid certification.

Good luck with that!

Yeah, strong rumours going around that covid passports will be introduced this afternoon - despite the fact that they haven't really worked elsewhere and the vaccinated are currently more infectious per 100k of the population and are taking up more hospital beds ?

My line has always been passports and/or mandatory vaccines so I'm no longer going to comply if thats the case.  Not sure why its one rule for the plebs and another for everyone else.

54 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in government this morning.

I'd be surprised if Boris did any more than move from saying there was no party, to saying he was unaware of the party & maybe sack someone as a fall-guy. It's just not in his nature to tell the truth.

I’m Psychic. 

Going to launch an investigation to establish the facts.