Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

Roberts looked handy on Tuesday for his short stint. He was pretty crap tonight and looks to be VERY left-sided, which means he's too predictable. At least he can go back if he doesn't improve.

Another so called winger who has no pace and can’t take on his man. He was awful tonight.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think Angie explains it better than I could. 

11 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think Angie explains it better than I could. 

So we leave out a far better player on the off chance he might give away a free kick?Waghorn red card after 20 minutes anyone?

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We started the game too cautiously, by the time we stopped giving Watford too much respect and improving a lot, it was too late. 

It’s symptomatic of the league position we are in starting games too scared to lose so we go in negatively I mean we were bloody lucky against Wycombe but look at that team selection starting without Byrne and Buchanan 

He really doesn’t know what he’s doing at the moment .... still got Cocus ducking team talks in his head 

1 minute ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Good effort second half, Watford looked strong in attack. Think criticism of Waghorn has been harsh but tonight was poor, terrible crosses and missed a good chance. Now we have some loans in maybe he needs a few games out. Roberts took a while to get going, looked better after first half hour. Byrne excellent crosses. We look so dangerous from corners. Didn’t get enough service to Kazim Richards early on.  Hughes looked in control. Sarr, Pedro and Hughes would all look good in a top premier league side in my opinion. 

Roberts was poor and was the reason why CKR had no service. Play him on the left so he doesn't have to keep cutting back in and he might be a different player. Waghorn is not a wide player and isn't good enough right now to play up top.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Worst take I've seen on this forum in a long time, congratulations. Even surpassing some of your other garbage takes.

Garbage takes? Haha! Rooney literally said in his interview before the game that sibley has been poor and knows he can do better both in training and on the field , the lad needs to grow up if he's going to become a good player,  buchanan and Knight and Bird all have way more maturity in their game,  but why listen to me I talk garbage LOL

Not sure what was wrong with Buchanan tonight. He looked like he had no energy. Players ghosted past him and he just stopped running, his shoulders drooped.

Hope he’s okay.

We miss Clarke when he doesn’t play. Edmundson is okay but limited. 

Time to shake up the midfield. He obviously doesn’t fancy Beningime or he’d have tried him. Bird looked better tonight, but we were overpowered and outclassed in midfield. 

Knight just runs and runs like a Duracell bunny without creating. Shinnie looks tired from his workload and has no passing range. I’d like to see Watson given a go.

I think Rooney will be disappointed that we didn’t show real urgency until the second half.

We go again next week and I suspect there will be further changes.

Disappointing result, but better in the second half. Used the width and created much better chances, dealt with their threat a lot better as well. Shame we let ourselves down in the first half and ended up with nothing as a result. Robbed of a point really by the ref, but we were second best and didn’t really deserve anything on the balance of play over the match. Clarke’s return should hopefully help restore some organisation in the defence, but as we’ve said many times, we seriously need to improve our quality going forward. Some of the touches and decision making was painful to watch. Our defenders are almost our best attackers.

Think the match also showed we need more technical quality in midfield to reach Watford’s level. Shinnie and Knight work hard, but if we’re going to make up the gulf in class we need to get better footballers in midfield. Until we get that, we will remain a bottom half side sadly.

49 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

He's shown me enough that I think he is going to be a valuable player as the season goes on. He carries the ball really well and has great control. He's needed to put the ball into the box earlier (an easy thing to fix) and the second goal was sadly his fault for not being strong on the edge of our box. After he lost the ball it was inevitable. But there's enough there to think he'll be good for us.

Don't disagree with you - just felt he was hopeless tonight!

Although I do worry how he will play on our bog of a pitch - for me he's one to bring off the bench when defenses are tiring & space is opening up. Jozwiak is a bit more robust & physical to start games - he suits the way we play better

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Garbage takes? Haha! Rooney literally said in his interview before the game that sibley has been poor and knows he can do better both in training and on the field , the lad needs to grow up if he's going to become a good player,  buchanan and Knight and Bird all have way more maturity in their game,  but why listen to me I talk garbage LOL

At least you're self-aware. Saying Sibley has been in poor form and then saying ''he's crap'' and that he has no footballing brain are quite different things. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because he gave away one freekick in frustration? Yeah, that seems entirely fair reasoning lmao

Well said! Never heard anything so ridiculous! Leave out a far better player cos he gives away a free kick occasionally? It's not as if Waghorn is a paragon of virtue is it...Red card after 20 minutes anyone?

Archived