Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well. You can't win them all and @Seanis due a run.

Thought we played well against a very good team with some players that are well above the usual level of this league.

We need to play with more width to provide chances for corners and own goals.

Thought Bird had a really good game tonight, but was better in the 4-4-2 rather than being deep in the 3.

Waghorn needs dropping, I'd like to see Roberts and Jozwiak start together. I also think we seem to have a lack of options without Lawrence and Ibe to choose from. If we can get those 2 fit then we give the opposition more problems.

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

The lack of urgency towards the end was alarming. As are the stupidity of stupid free kicks. We got exactly what we deserved in that game for conceding 2 schoolboy goals. Give 2 goals away to a team at the top of the table you are never going to get anything out the game. 

strange I thought they finished the game well.  Roberts should not have made it out for the second half.  We were a harsh disallowed goal from a point.  

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

That WAS 2-2. It's laughable that players can be sent off and banned after the final whistle has gone, yet referee's aren't responsible for rubbish decisions! There's NO WAY the one in the first half should have been disallowed. I'm fuming at that. ?

Except if that goal had been allowed, the totally different game that followed might have involved Watford scoring more.

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Want to see Sibley starting next game instead of Waghorn!!! I mean why can't Rooney see this??

Because he couldn't resist a little 'foul' on Sarr, was lucky not to get booked. But yeah I'd put him on, Waghorn is such a non-footballer. Truely awful tonight.

We played well tonight against a good side. Man for man possibly the best squad in the division, and we were one poor decision away from a draw. We shouldn't be going down so one point isn't going to make too much difference overall, so don't be too upset by today. 

I'm more confident about Forest now than I was before kickoff. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

If ever there was an example of why Sibley isn't playing, that was it!

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Want to see Sibley starting next game instead of Waghorn!!! I mean why can't Rooney see this??

I think Angie explains it better than I could. 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ball floats over to Jozwiak with less than a minute to play 5 yards from goal and he controls it and stands still. . . braindead 

Funny, I thought he turned, tried to put the ball back into the goalmouth and won a corner. It is no coincidence that the improvements in our performance came after Jozwiak replaced the shockingly awful Roberts.

Archived