Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

The. Sky pundits I think said that our goal would probably have been disallowed by VAR because CKR  (offside) was interfering with play. But we could have had a pen for handball ... 

They didn't examine it properly in any detail (as there was no point). It's possible that CKR was beyond the last defender, but I don't think it was at all clear that CKR was ahead of the ball when Byrne crossed (as well as not touching the ball). I'd say he wasn't offside.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of points from me:
Why does Knight fall over when ever somebody breathes on him.. has Martin been coaching him?

Lawrence is not the answer to the Waghorn issue, if we remember back he was also bloody useless (Lazy), I think getting shot of both at the end of the season would be a positive step.

Waghorn played badly with his crosses being 10-15 yards over the danger area, he cant shoot unless the ball is stopped BUT Shinnie didn't have a good game either, couldn't pass to a Derby player... maybe if we play in a bright colour like Pink in future games it would help him ?

I think Watford deserved the win but we did give them a fight in the 2nd half and it was a better performance than Wycombe.

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

No real suppirt for Lee tonight

Fair point. I don’t think he was as effective going forward either. He was much better defensively against Sarr in the second half. Not the first time he’s struggled but then learned quickly and improved during the game. That’s why he’s such a major talent. Last night was a good test for him and he’ll benefit from it. Next season he’ll be the best left back in the league (if we can keep hold of him that is)

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Fair point. I don’t think he was as effective going forward either. He was much better defensively against Sarr in the second half. Not the first time he’s struggled but then learned quickly and improved during the game. That’s why he’s such a major talent. Last night was a good test for him and he’ll benefit from it. Next season he’ll be the best left back in the league (if we can keep hold of him that is)

The lad is a real talent , tough game for him tonight but that’s how you learn

Watford have obviously some good players with Will being quite rightly made MOTM. We played the first part of the first half within ourselves, most not looking up for any forward runs, and playing the 'safe option' of sideways and backwards. Their first goal was 'lucky' and some poor defending cost us a goal which was put away nicely by Will. Bad decision by ref cost us with Kazim's 'goal'.  Second half a bit more confident and we grew into the game. Will going off helped. Byrne was our best player. Some players know they were below par tonight, especially Waggy. Knew we would be lucky to take a point off the team with the best home record in the league. Still we could have knicked it at the end. So overall disappointed but not disillusioned. Onwards to Tuesday and the meeting of two more of our ex-players. I have a feeling they will not be anyway near as instrumental as Will. I feel there may be a red card in there somewhere! And yes I truly truly wish we still had our Will back. And no I am not his dad!!!

12 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Watford have obviously some good players with Will being quite rightly made MOTM. We played the first part of the first half within ourselves, most not looking up for any forward runs, and playing the 'safe option' of sideways and backwards. Their first goal was 'lucky' and some poor defending cost us a goal which was put away nicely by Will. Bad decision by ref cost us with Kazim's 'goal'.  Second half a bit more confident and we grew into the game. Will going off helped. Byrne was our best player. Some players know they were below par tonight, especially Waggy. Knew we would be lucky to take a point off the team with the best home record in the league. Still we could have knicked it at the end. So overall disappointed but not disillusioned. Onwards to Tuesday and the meeting of two more of our ex-players. I have a feeling they will not be anyway near as instrumental as Will. I feel there may be a red card in there somewhere! And yes I truly truly wish we still had our Will back. And no I am not his dad!!!

Roberts really frustrated me last night instead of putting crosses over when we were in good positions with players in there box, he cut back inside with lots of there players on him and he would lose the ball, I thought he was a lot worse than Waghorn. 

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

The lack of a shot on target cost us too

Shots on target are very overrated.

You of all people (with a username like that) should know that.

Didn't we win a play off semi final 1-2 away, without a shot on target in open play? 

A CM pen, and an off-target CM thunderbolt that went in off the keeper's ar5e!   ?

7 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Roberts really frustrated me last night instead of putting crosses over when we were in good positions with players in there box, he cut back inside with lots of there players on him and he would lose the ball, I thought he was a lot worse than Waghorn. 

Also thought that Roberts was poor last night, it's his defence duties that bother me he's a ghost marker,as a team mate you think he's got his man but no he can't be bothered to put in full effort that's dangerous. 

20 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Our worst player on the night. I hope my doubts about his record when we signed him are proved wrong. He really has done nothing outside of the pub league. Why can’t we sign a proper winger with pace who can beat a man and cross the ball. We haven’t got one. Good thing Byrne is stepping up to the plate.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Our worst player on the night. I hope my doubts about his record when we signed him are proved wrong. He really has done nothing outside of the pub league. Why can’t we sign a proper winger with pace who can beat a man and cross the ball. We haven’t got one. Good thing Byrne is stepping up to the plate.

Most frustrating player rather than worst I would say. He has technical ability, unlike Waghorn and put the latter clean through, only for Waggy to panic and hoof it over the bar. 

Waghorn, in acres of space, put in two crosses which would be embarrassing in a Sunday league. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Most frustrating player rather than worst I would say. He has technical ability, unlike Waghorn and put the latter clean through, only for Waggy to panic and hoof it over the bar. 

Waghorn, in acres of space, put in two crosses which would be embarrassing in a Sunday league. 

I’ll stick with my worst ?

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Roberts was a weird one. He almost tried too hard. He absolutely rinsed mesina 3-4 times but just didn’t put the ball into the box. Rooney will drill that into his head this week to cross once he’s beaten his man 

This is what I'm hoping too. 

30 minutes ago, leroyoftherovers said:

Also thought that Roberts was poor last night, it's his defence duties that bother me he's a ghost marker,as a team mate you think he's got his man but no he can't be bothered to put in full effort that's dangerous. 

It’s both his attacking and defensive duties that worry me ?

Archived