Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The. Sky pundits I think said that our goal would probably have been disallowed by VAR because CKR  (offside) was interfering with play. But we could have had a pen for handball ... 

But VAR wasn't available.  The Ref got it horribly wrong 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's not our William when he's constantly whinging and berating the ref to book our players for nothing.  May as well have carried his own set of yellows.  Do your job for the team that's paying you but to be honest he came across as a moaning dick.  

OK. That's part of his job, modern football for you. As far as I'm concerned he's still one of us ?

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who would you put in instead of Waghorn. Not being contentious as think his recent few performances have been abysmal.

Waghorn fustrates me a lot. He clearly has ability judging from his recent assists but he just doesn't seem to have a position on the pitch. He doesn't have the mobility or control to play as a winger, and he doesn't have the instincts to be a striker, and he's just so inconsistent.

Hopefully Lawrence is back soon, at least he's good every now and then. Other than that it's only Jozwiak and maybe Sibley.

48 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

OK. That's part of his job, modern football for you. As far as I'm concerned he's still one of us ?

He scored a goal in a yellow shirt.  No player can be one of us if there doing that.  He can still be appreciated like Howard, Poom etc thats doing his job for a new employer. The difference is that appreciations recipricated by said players.  You get a different response for the Kitsons and Williams of the world.  Interesting to see what his reaction during play would have got from a full stadium at Pride Park.

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He scored a goal in a yellow shirt.  No player can be one of us if there doing that.  He can still be appreciated like Howard, Poom etc thats doing his job for a new employer. The difference is that appreciations recipricated by said players.  You get a different response for the Kitsons and Williams of the world.  Interesting to see what his reaction during play would have got from a full stadium at Pride Park.

I'm sure you're already aware of this but the lad has come along to Derby games whilst a Watford player - including the 2019 playoff final mingling as a fan with our lot. He's a professional so he wanted to win tonight - that's cool. You can still support Derby whilst playing for another team.

He didn't really celebrate after his goal & I'm certain any celebration at PP would be very muted indeed. He's a million miles from Paul Kitson or Mark Pembridge. 

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Waghorn fustrates me a lot. He clearly has ability judging from his recent assists but he just doesn't seem to have a position on the pitch. He doesn't have the mobility or control to play as a winger, and he doesn't have the instincts to be a striker, and he's just so inconsistent.

Hopefully Lawrence is back soon, at least he's good every now and then. Other than that it's only Jozwiak and maybe Sibley.

Waghorn spoils the game for me.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rooney said on Radio Derby we showed Watford too much respect first half. Totally agree, second half was more like it but ultimately a lucky goal followed by a poor 10 minutes and poor referring decisions cost us. 

Roberts Buchanan Waggy weren’t good tonight, Shinnie has also had better games. Bird grew into the game and I thought he was better when Shinnie went off. Byrne and Edmundson stood out. Jozwiak was decent when he came on. 

Lots of positives from tonight. There is no way we are going down.

No real suppirt for Lee tonight

Just watched the game. 

Creditable performance. We are a decent championship side. Lack quality in midfield and both wings. Should have had two penalties. Colin's goal was a genuine goal. Waghorn hopeless. Byrne tremendous. Roberts disappointing. Edmundson ideal at this level. Try him in midfield. Bielik a major loss. No support for Lee, a torrid night against a forty million pound player. After 15 minutes it was obvious that Will needed someone following him everywhere but nobody good enough to get the better of him. Will should have been sent off. Shinnie should have stayed on. Unlucky deflection for first goal but Wiz too slow. Roberts should have cleared before Will scored. Sibley a red card liability. We needed three centre backs tonight. They were three players better than us. Move on. We need to beat Uddersfield now. No shots on target because wingers are not good enough and no protection for Knight again. Could have had a draw. COYR

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

well said. 

Apart from the odd set piece delivery, what has Waghorn actually done all season?, I'm struggling to think to be honest.  

it seems that we now have a squad full of hard workers (mostly) but are just lacking quality to go with it. 

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rooney said on Radio Derby we showed Watford too much respect first half. Totally agree, second half was more like it but ultimately a lucky goal followed by a poor 10 minutes and poor referring decisions cost us. 

The lack of a shot on target cost us too

Archived