Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Genuinely no idea how we’ll play, we’re better on the counter attack with Rooney and struggle to control games by passing and creating chances. Against Wycombe they’re going to sit in against us, so instead of trying to pass through it I’d go for the same line up as Middlesbrough and bypass the midfield as we did successfully at the weekend, turn their cbs at every given opportunity. Save the more attractive football for Watford.

Marshall

Byrne 

Clarke

Wizdom 

Buchanan

Waghorn 

shinnie 

Knight 

Joz 

CKR

Greggory

If they bring on the beast bring Mengi or Edmunson to deal with him and go with a 3 at the back. 
Would be great to see Sibley/Roberts get some game time too. 

How can they bring on the beast CKR plays for us ?

Makes sense to me to go with a more taller & physical back 4 tonight. Byrne tends to be a target for these types of teams and Buchanan despite how good he is in the air is much smaller than Forsyth.

Decent pitch so we should be able to mix it up with being direct and also getting it down and passing it like our goal vs them at home.

Thinking of more of a physical game. Plus our more attacking fullbacks may need a rest for the game on Friday. Hope this goes well. I’d have tried to win this game at all costs then almost write the Watford game off and rest players for the Coventry game as it’s a bit six pointer. Well wait and see. The two full backs rested are usually our best outlets for goals. 

Archived