Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, roboto said:

If we're going to go with 4-4-2 (although I think it was more 4-4-1-1 with Kaz dropping deeper ?) I'd stick with pretty much the same line-up, but drop Waghorn for Roberts and play Jozwiak on the right (where he links up well with Byrne and Roberts on the left). This should give us a lot of natural width and the ability to overload the wings and send crosses into the Wycombe box.

Nailed it buddy, IMO. I think we approach this the same way we did Boro to be honest. It might not be pretty but I think a lot of the time when we try to play all the football against these types of side, we end up struggling and getting properly poohoused. I think with Roberts in the side we now have a little more quality in the final 3rd but I'd look to play pretty direct anyway and try to play passing football in the right areas.

Along with the added quality I think Roberts can offer, I thought Lee Gregory added a different dimension and linked up really well with fellow old warrior King Colin. He also gives Buchanan and Byrne another willing target for early balls into the box so I'm really confident that if we approach this in the right way we can record a comfortable win. Onwards and upwards! 

COYR

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Nailed it buddy, IMO. I think we approach this the same way we did Boro to be honest. It might not be pretty but I think a lot of the time when we try to play all the football against these types of side, we end up struggling and getting properly poohoused. I think with Roberts in the side we now have a little more quality in the final 3rd but I'd look to play pretty direct anyway and try to play passing football in the right areas.

Along with the added quality I think Roberts can offer, I thought Lee Gregory added a different dimension and linked up really well with fellow old warrior King Colin. He also gives Buchanan and Byrne another willing target for early balls into the box so I'm really confident that if we approach this in the right way we can record a comfortable win. Onwards and upwards! 

COYR

I think Roberts won’t be available for tomorrow, which is a shame as the poster said would be a good swap with Waghorn. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ah bugger - why not bud? Is he injured? ?

Yes I think so, Rooney alluded to him not being risked in the press conference today. 

18 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Would like to keep the strike partnership as seemed they had good link up play. 3-5-2 for me

Marshall 

Mengi     Wiz   Clarke

Byrne.   Shinnie    Knight Buchanan

Roberts*

Kazim        Gregory

Think Joz deserves a rest and show him he isn’t undroppable. Roberts deserves his chance if he is fit. 

*would be happy with Roberts or Sibley.

I know you’ll say it isn’t but this is literally an attacker off and a defender on. When the ball is in the full back areas it’s the full back which is there hence five across the back.

Even as a four, our full backs have the same licence to attack. 

So for me, we looked more dangerous on Saturday because we had two up front.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

COYR

Roberts ruled out for this one. Edmundson will feature.

Archived