Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I fear Sibley is going to drop out of the 1st team picture almost completely in the second half of the season. 

Me too.

We just have to trust Wayne I suppose, and hope Louie works his way back into contention. 

Rooney was a great attacking threat, not many better to learn off for Sibley.

10 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Thinking of more of a physical game. Plus our more attacking fullbacks may need a rest for the game on Friday. Hope this goes well. I’d have tried to win this game at all costs then almost write the Watford game off and rest players for the Coventry game as it’s a bit six pointer. Well wait and see. The two full backs rested are usually our best outlets for goals. 

Need to win tonight. Friday would be a major bonus if we get a draw.

Would be very shocked if the omission of Sibley was anything but an injury. If he was always going to be dropped tonight he would’ve played the u23s game yesterday. Rooney knows he’s got a lot of talent, he’s literally seen it first hand especially towards the back end of last season. Sibley will get his chance eventually. 

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Of course. But changing or resting players means it has an affect on the game you are playing. Here he’s put more defensive full backs on (wisdom at rb). Most managers at Lower teams like ours, especially in a congested group of fixtures play stronger teams against the sides they have more of a chance against. It’s not likely we’re going to go and bear Watford but if we lose to Wycombe it’s a massive blow. 

I get what you're saying. I agree losing to Wycombe would be a massive blow but I believe we're capable of beating anyone in this league and having Buchanan and Byrne fresh for that game could be a master stroke. Time will tell

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Changes to the first team make sense. Byrne and Buchanan have had solid runs in the side and Fozzy needs a game to get his fitness up. Perfect opportunity to see what Mengi can do as well.

Considering no Sibley tonight and him not being in the U23s last night, I'm guessing he picked up a knock in training - would explain JML's late omission last night (expected Roberts to be missing instead)

Great idea if we win this game, otherwise a major donkey.

9 minutes ago, S8TY said:

To be fair to Rooney I think he sees what goes on in training as well but I'll be honest and say IMO Sibley has not looked like a first eleven player for some time now, probably since his hat trick at Millwall but lets see what develops he still might come good, needs to cut out the silly challenges as well

Every time Sibley plays you run the risk of playing with 10 men at some point. He has to find a balance between being aggressive in his play and not fouling and picking fights with everybody he’s up against. 

Archived