Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely no idea how we’ll play, we’re better on the counter attack with Rooney and struggle to control games by passing and creating chances. Against Wycombe they’re going to sit in against us, so instead of trying to pass through it I’d go for the same line up as Middlesbrough and bypass the midfield as we did successfully at the weekend, turn their cbs at every given opportunity. Save the more attractive football for Watford.

Marshall

Byrne 

Clarke

Wizdom 

Buchanan

Waghorn 

shinnie 

Knight 

Joz 

CKR

Greggory

If they bring on the beast bring Mengi or Edmunson to deal with him and go with a 3 at the back. 
Would be great to see Sibley/Roberts get some game time too. 

18 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I think Roberts won’t be available for tomorrow, which is a shame as the poster said would be a good swap with Waghorn. 

I’m excited to see Roberts in action, but for the first time this season I was impressed with Waghorn, he worked hard created chances and finally he’s on corners! His delivery from a corner was the thing I was most excited about when he signed, he racked up a shed load of assists for Ipswich from set pieces. 

12 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Genuinely no idea how we’ll play, we’re better on the counter attack with Rooney and struggle to control games by passing and creating chances. Against Wycombe they’re going to sit in against us, so instead of trying to pass through it I’d go for the same line up as Middlesbrough and bypass the midfield as we did successfully at the weekend, turn their cbs at every given opportunity. Save the more attractive football for Watford.

Marshall

Byrne 

Clarke

Wizdom 

Buchanan

Waghorn 

shinnie 

Knight 

Joz 

CKR

Greggory

If they bring on the beast bring Mengi or Edmunson to deal with him and go with a 3 at the back. 
Would be great to see Sibley/Roberts get some game time too. 

Really nice flow to that team. That's the Rooney effect I reckon.

Screenshot_20210216-122902_Gallery.thumb.jpg.fc124a7d83e398578c09ea8d19b6744f.jpg

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

image.png.9e69b8ce983c6dc667cebcdb1d65e2ba.png

I think Jozwiak has looked tired the last few games and needs a rest.

We played 4-2-3-1 last time against Wycombe and struggled with there direct balls into the box so I'd add another CB.

It's probably going to be the same 4-4-2 lineup as last game though.

Possibly a good idea to add another CB due to there direct style but it could be better to drop Wisdom for this game. Wisdom is very poor aerially as was exposed v Rotherham. 

Think Rooney will play 2 up front again as he said in his interview Wycombe play very similar to Middlesbrough. 

Personally i am not keen on all this chopping and changing of systems. But for the rest of this season i suppose its a needs must situation. 

8 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

We played 4-2-3-1 last time against Wycombe and struggled with there direct balls into the box so I'd add another CB.

I think Jozwiak looks fine to be honest, just needs to work on his end product more

8 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Also, don't think we can really compare to last time we played as that was Rooney's very first game in charge and the players were so short on confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You say that, but only Kazim and Waggy have contributed to more goals than Jozwiak this season

I was generalising on the statement that's all. 

I do think that without being accused of jumping on his back that he needs to start showing more then he already is. My expectations of an international player plying his skills against Championship players haven't lived up to reality as yet so hopefully tonight he starts showing that. 

Big game tonight, i have faith in Wayne, he is doing a great job, seems to have got the squad d together, and they look like they are enjoying there football again. 

Going for a 2-0, rams victory goals coming from Jozwiak will play and score, and i feel its time for a Clarke headed goal frim a corner. COYR. 

Archived