Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

You can’t play someone who’s been as bad as Waghorn has been this season because he scores a couple free kicks a year. Had two chances today and did nothing with them.

Didn't say you play Waghorn because of free kicks. I said he's a fantastic free kick taker. Two free kicks today that did nothing (one he slipped) won't change that. Weird logic

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Massive win great bounce back wasn’t pretty but when you’re in a fight like we are it won’t be pretty, fight determination that is what’s needed and that’s what was shown.

Really really hope we are in conversation with Wisdom about a new contract 

Me too. For some reason he isn't everyones cup of tea but I like the lad. He was solid and dependable again today. Calm and assured in possession too. 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Massive 3 points we need that and lads were sound apart from one goal but we need try finnish teams when we are on top.

No Finnish teams in this league although Pukki is Finnish and a good finisher. But I agree. If Gregory had finished against the Millers we would be the form team in the league which was basically unbelievable when Rooney arrived.

Real lack of pace up front.

Such a shame we don’t have Ibe to call upon. CKR and Gregory showed today they can convert chances. Too often our players have to cut back because they don’t have the pace to get beyond their defender.

Ugly today but needs must. 

On to Tuesday now and another ‘must win’. Back to 4-3-3 I think.

Massive 3 points that after the debacle against Rotherham. Fully deserved as well, the work we put in all over the pitch was excellent. Far from the prettiest game, in keeping with the absolutely shocking pitch, but we managed to play Boro and Warnock at their own game really. And we did it very effectively. Very simple really, 4-4-2 and play it straight to the two up top, but it worked. We created a number of chances in and around the box from balls in behind, and defended superbly throughout that extremely nerve wracking last 15 minute barrage. Again, we made life more difficult for ourselves by not taking our chances second half, but we got the result in the end. Only worry for me is how open in midfield we are playing 4-4-2, but I do think it was suited to the game today - and possibly the one on Tuesday as well. 

14 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Have to agree, Joswiak gets into great positions but the final ball/ decision making was generally poor. 

Joz gave 100% for cocu (few did) so was a stand out player before Rooney took over. He’s still wonderfully energetic but agree with you about decision making. It’s a bigger problem without Bielik because we struggle for fluency. 

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Me too. For some reason he isn't everyones cup of tea but I like the lad. He was solid and dependable again today. Calm and assured in possession too. 

For me he gives us muscle that in past seasons we have lacked at times. You need a few big rascals in every team. Clarke is ok, Colin is a bruiser and Bielik made 3. .. adding Gregory helps offset that loss but Andre is a decent unit .. need him 

Archived