Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

27 minutes ago, jono said:

but Andre is a decent unit .. need him 

He's mostly rubbish in the air, not what I like from a CB. He also dwells on the ball somewhat, a couple or more times today he was caught in possession  but just managed to get away with it. He didn't get to the player who put their chance over either, turned his back on it. 

He's okay but we need better.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

You know what, massive credit to Rooney and LR for tactics. We purposely played a different game to nullify the Boro press. They just didn't know what to do. This is plan B. Mark of a good manager. He's properly won me over. Hats off to him. 

Forced colin to make FIVE subs all tactical

51 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Four wins in five games. What is not to like. COYR

From what I can see, our 1st 13 games yielded 6 (six) points and 9 losses

The following 15 games have yielded 25 points and 4 losses. I'm still pee'd off about that goal we coceded in the 6th minute of the 5 added on.

47 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How many times have we surrendered a lead under Rooney?

Wycombe? Coventry? And we surrendered draws at home to Preston and Rotherham and stopped trying to score against Stoke.

But that's not really the point. My blood pressure is already dangerously high and, in the words of George Bailey, I want to live.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Wycombe? Coventry? And we surrendered draws at home to Preston and Rotherham and stopped trying to score against Stoke.

But that's not really the point. My blood pressure is already dangerously high and, in the words of George Bailey, I want to live.

You can only mention George Bailey from December in our house? 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Massive games tue/wed.

Teams around us have some real tough ones. Birmingham have Millwall/Wednesday in the next two which has a couples of draws all over it hopefully. 

Despite their great result today this is a game we need to win.

Scrappy today, but some good moments nonetheless, great runs and options by Byrne, Kazim Richards really good in the main, Gregory adds an extra threat. Wisdom looked solid, Shinnie excellent. Looked like we were hanging on at the end, couldn't get hold of the ball and gave away constant free kicks. Very well worked corner and excellent strike for second goal.

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's mostly rubbish in the air, not what I like from a CB. He also dwells on the ball somewhat, a couple or more times today he was caught in possession  but just managed to get away with it. He didn't get to the player who put their chance over either, turned his back on it. 

Not sure I agree Roy. (Unless we have a lotto win) his relative weakness in the air is for me more tha outweighed by his ability to tackle, keep and control the ball in a melee . .. I do agree there are moments when he seems slow to pass it and can get caught but as a solid defender with some decent skills he makes the grade for me. 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Possibly our worst performance under Rooney, absolutely no quality and long ball after long ball.

Was clearly a tactic though rather than something the players just decided to do.

All about results at the moment though so certainly no complaints from me.

Totally agree. Fed up with some posters whingeing about the quality of our football, we're a relegation-threatened team so the most important requirement, at least until we get well clear of the bottom 3, is a determination to not get beaten. Didn't do enough against Rotterham but that apart, under Rooney we've shown we are capable of scraping together enough points to achieve all that remains of this seasons' objectives - keeping our Championship status.

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Massive games tue/wed.

Teams around us have some real tough ones. Birmingham have Millwall/Wednesday in the next two which has a couples of draws all over it hopefully. 

Is this because Wycombe will cancel the game last minute then we have to play it the following night?

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He has his faults like any other. In the long run I agree with you but right now he has my full support, and offers more to the team than he takes away imo.

Keogh passed it straight to the opposition 6-7 times a season, got beaten in the air by 'big men' many times, got his legs tangled up when faced with tricky players quite often in his career here, and panicked when he should have kept calm. He was still a very good player for us, however, and the good outweighed the bad 

Wisdom has done more than enough in our current predicament to be worth keeping around.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Totally agree. Fed up with some posters whingeing about the quality of our football, we're a relegation-threatened team so the most important requirement, at least until we get well clear of the bottom 3, is a determination to not get beaten. Didn't do enough against Rotterham but that apart, under Rooney we've shown we are capable of scraping together enough points to achieve all that remains of this seasons' objectives - keeping our Championship status.

I've still not given up on my bet on us to finish in the top half. 

Think the next 2 weeks will give us a better idea of whether or not that is possible. 

Archived