Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't pretty, but winning ugly is better than not winning at all. Really good 3 points to banish the memory of the Rotherham horror show. Strong first start for Lee Gregory too, who might be yet another player written off by many before he's kicked a ball in anger, only to show that he can do a job after all. Well done lads. Up next Wycombe.

COYR

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

I must say I am not happy with that second half performance. We slowly got worse. Surely we need an outlet and punish them on the counter. Too many poor balls miss controls etc. a half decent team would have at least got a draw.

We need to freshen it up from waghorn and joswiak to pose a threat.

That was a lot more arse clenching-ly tight than it needed to be. Make things so difficult for ourselves when we don’t do basics right. Too many silly free kicks, and too many sloppy passes in good positions. I know the pitch doesn’t help, but these lads earn thousands of pounds a week, and should be able to cope with a few bobbles better than your average Sunday League clogger...

On to Wycombe...

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wasn't pretty, but winning ugly is better than not winning at all. Really good 3 points to banish the memory of the Rotherham horror show. Strong first start for Lee Gregory too, who might be yet another player written off by many before he's kicked a ball in anger, only to show that he can do a job after all. Well done lads. Up next Wycombe.

COYR

To be honest I’d be happy to win ugly until we are safe and build towards next season. I’m not expecting to see us playing playing much football for the rest of the campaign.

That was as horrible to watch as the pitch is to play on.

And yet another match  where our visitors thought they had a God given right to kick, push and foul, and mostly the ref played along. Two well worked goals, the second a stunner, and a sloppy goal given away, although it is another of those goals which wouldn't have happened if we had had a referee on the pitch. But to sit back and defend for a 2 - 1 win for so long , although it worked, isn't the way to go. I know they only got two shots on target all match, but we are better than that.

Nevertheless its 3 points, its 19th place, its  win!

Come On You Rams!

Archived