Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

He appears so inept when he gets chances he is looking for the foul in order to avoid fluffing the chance.  His USP is his speed and lw centre of gravity, he needs to stay on his feet.  If he could put his chances away or even make better decisions he wouldn't be a championship player and wouldn't be with us.  I have said it before, if that was Tom out there he would be getting a lot more stick.  I think he has been poor since before Christmas

This. It's good to see that the fans are still reasonably tolerant of his performances, as you said Lawrence is a bete noire with a number of fans and if places were traded then he'd been getting some awful flak by now. 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Yeah. I would dump Waghorn for Roberts. Nothing personal, but Roberts showed some spark and ability in the short time he got midweek. Waghorn did well defensively today, but he is actually there to create and take chances, and he didn't do enough. He still manages to waste the ball, and still has a tendency to be rash with his tackling, and has loads and loads of opportunity. I also like Joswiack, as he offers a lot all over the pitch, and carries himself is though the team really matters to him. His final third decision making is poor, and is the one area of his game that really needs some work. But if he gets as many opportunities as Holmes did, he should come good.

Joz is 23 and in his first season in the Championship. There's definitely more to come. His decision-making should improve. Plus he'd look better with some footballing support up front and a better pitch!  

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Get out of it.

Was a pathetic dive.

Should have been embarrassed and should have received a yellow card.

It was clear he knew his first touch had taken the ball too far in front and took the opportunity to make it look like the earlier touch by their defender had brought him down.

As for @Tyler Durdensaying we'd be giving him more stick if he was Lawrence, how long has Joz been over here and how old is he?!

Jozwiaks game is all about dribbling and running down the wing. He can’t when the ball bobbles all over the place. Messi would struggle to dribble on our pitch right now. Yesterday when he tried to get on a dribble the ball slowed down or took a bobble forcing him to stop. For me he did his job very well yesterday. Ran in behind and created problem for the fullback when he didn’t have the ball. Had a very good work rate and won the ball countless times. Some people need to cut him some slack 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was clear he knew his first touch had taken the ball too far in front and took the opportunity to make it look like the earlier touch by their defender had brought him down.

As for @Tyler Durdensaying we'd be giving him more stick if he was Lawrence, how long has Joz been over here and how old is he?!

Like Joz but we should also give Lawrence a break .

So I do agree with Tyler on that. 

Both players are a big asset for DCFC 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This. It's good to see that the fans are still reasonably tolerant of his performances, as you said Lawrence is a bete noire with a number of fans and if places were traded then he'd been getting some awful flak by now. 

Totally agree. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I actually agree with @Tyler Durden, this is an international player hoping to cement his place in Poland's Euro 2021 squad, yet recently he has been pretty consistently one of the worst players in a struggling Championship team.

Other than his workrate he offers very little to the team at this point in time.

I read the thread marking players and see him sometimes scoring 6 and 7, whereas if it was Lawrence you could guarantee them marks would be 3 and 4.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I actually agree with @Tyler Durden, this is an international player hoping to cement his place in Poland's Euro 2021 squad, yet recently he has been pretty consistently one of the worst players in a struggling Championship team.

Errr that's your opinion that he's been one of the worst - I disagree. So the rest of your argument is based on nowt.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You can believe what you like, but it doesn't make it so.

Nor did I say it was?

Its my opinion he has regulary been one of our worst performing players.

Its my opinion that it Lawrence was putting the same sort of performances he would be getting lambasted.

Its my opinion that Jozwiak gets cut more slack than Lawrence purely because he is a foreign player who people want to believe he is better than he is currently showing.

Its my opinion that Im glad he gets cut slack because I don't want to see fans on our players backs when they are putting in the effort.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nor did I say it was?

Its my opinion he has regulary been one of our worst performing players.

Its my opinion that it Lawrence was putting the same sort of performances he would be getting lambasted.

Its my opinion that Jozwiak gets cut more slack than Lawrence purely because he is a foreign player who people want to believe he is better than he is currently showing.

Its my opinion that Im glad he gets cut slack because I don't want to see fans on our players backs when they are putting in the effort.

As I said 'your opinion'. So why not cut Joz the slack we might have given to Lawrence when he first arrived? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As I said 'your opinion'. So why not cut Joz the slack we might have given to Lawrence when he first arrived? 

Wouldn't it be fairer to say to avoid argument that we are not seeing the performances from Jozwiak at this juncture one would expect from a European international with a handful of caps who is playing in the second tier if English football. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Wouldn't it be fairer to say to avoid argument that we are not seeing the performances from Jozwiak at this juncture one would expect from a European international with a handful of caps who is playing in the second tier if English football. 

Cos he's not playing with that quality of player!

15 hours ago, samtheram83 said:

Is this because Wycombe will cancel the game last minute then we have to play it the following night?

It’s because Coventry, Birmingham, Forest and Rotherham all play Wednesday. Although, in reality, every week’s games (both our own and others around us) are just as important until/unless we can build a decent buffer between us and the relegation zone.

Archived