Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

I know KB has been pretty epic but thank god we've still got Shinnie and Knight.

You'd hope that we can find a solution for the remainder of the season by putting Bird or Sibley in as a third depending on opposition.

Would have been a far worse injury to pick up if we were chasing play offs or deeper in relegation. As it is its just a shame. 

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't think they've shown a replay of the Bielik incident yet. I don't know if they will, but I hope so. There didn't look much in it, and the way he held his knee with the rest of his leg "limp" below, it just didn't look like an ACL.

Obviously this is all guesswork and we may not know for a few days. That could be a killer with the timing, as we would have to decide whether to replace him (if possible) before the end of tomorrow. Our fate really could rest on it.

To be honest if he's back this season I will be thrilled based on his reaction. It's completely ruined my afternoon despite us winning, so let's hope its not in the players heads still.

Almost looked like a dislocation 

Think its a brilliant idea from the club to plant a load of vegetables at pride park in order to bring in some additional income. I hear the spuds should be ready before the summer transfer window into order to generate some funds for a german centre back. The carrots should be ready by the following january to bring in a striker. 

15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

To be fair it looks like he did it on a “good” section of the pitch.

Where exactly the injury happened is one thing to consider, but when you're running round on a boggy mess for 30 minutes there will be a cumulative effect at play. Even if it happened on a 'good' patch it doesn't mean the pitch didn't play its part.

We are all praying it’s not serious of course. Let’s hope Waggy can have a blinder second half. I thought Wisdom was fantastic three through balls which were stunning. Reorganise and go again. Played some delightful football but now without Bielik let’s think positive. 
ps @AndyinLiverpool tea it is you persuaded me, ?

Too early to determine what injury it is. His history with ACL of course is going to lead people down that direction but there are several other things it could be. I've seen many players in so much pain and then playing a few weeks later so I'm hoping this is the case ?

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Almost looked like a dislocation 

That's a possibility based on the replay they've just shown. The angle isn't the best as it's from the far side of the pitch, but as he plants his right foot to turn when running out of space, his right leg is bent. There then must be some kind of contact from the Bristol City player which knocks his knee to the side, and obviously with his foot planted, it's stuck.

I hope it's a dislocation rather than an ACL. From Google it looks as though players can be back within two months. That would be bad enough seeing as every point counts, but to have Krystian out until Christmas at least would be gut-wrenching.

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

We are all praying it’s not serious of course. Let’s hope Waggy can have a blinder second half. I thought Wisdom was fantastic three through balls which were stunning. Reorganise and go again. Played some delightful football but now without Bielik let’s think positive. 
ps @AndyinLiverpool tea it is you persuaded me, ?

You might need something stronger before the end of the game...

Archived