Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

In fairness Forsyth landed on a bag of morphine when he went down.

I didn't see it tbh, but a full tear won't allow you to place weight through it, so if he'd done that he must have hopped off rather than limped off.

Didn't Thorne walk off in pre season not to be seen for 8 months?

I've always associated ACL with minor pain and always worry about players with what look like minor knee injuries

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Don't know for sure but the obvious theory is that we're cost cutting throughout the club as we run out of money and the grounds staff have taken a hit.

I think there is an element of that and when you factor in the short turn around between the end of last season and beginning of this then it's hardly surprising it ain't in great shape. The ground staff won't have had as much time to work on it and prepare it for this season. 

3 minutes ago, Silko said:

Well that’s sums up our season nicely .... I have a deep seated sense of dread every time I hear Waghorn is getting anywhere near the pitch 

Re compose ourselves for the second half focus on the matter in hand then see what the Bielik situation is 

big second half coming up.  If Bielik is gone for the season then the chances of staying up are becoming more remote

Phew. A really good half from us spoilt by Bielik injury of course.  So sickening and how can we not fear the worst? Very cruel if serious.

They've had a little spell and looked sharp. My worry is Waggy, can he step up and offer us something? 

Other than that, we are still playing well with good tempo and sharp passing and movement. Very encouraging, an intriguing match.

We were absolutely superb there until Bielik went off, best performance of the season so far in possession. Passing and movement was fantastic, levels above what we’ve shown most games this season. Looked far more likely to create chances. Since Bielik’s injury we’ve lost our way though, and Bristol have dominated. Understandable after the shock of a long term injury occurring, but we need to get our heads back in order at half time or we’ll throw this away.

I don't think they've shown a replay of the Bielik incident yet. I don't know if they will, but I hope so. There didn't look much in it, and the way he held his knee with the rest of his leg "limp" below, it just didn't look like an ACL.

Obviously this is all guesswork and we may not know for a few days. That could be a killer with the timing, as we would have to decide whether to replace him (if possible) before the end of tomorrow. Our fate really could rest on it.

To be honest if he's back this season I will be thrilled based on his reaction. It's completely ruined my afternoon despite us winning, so let's hope its not in the players heads still.

Kin ell, we are cursed, I’ve turned the game off - I was enjoying every moment until the injury.

It’s just one piece of bad news after another, after another being a Ram at the moment.

I would like to go and hibernate like a bear in a cave for the next four months, wake up at the start of summer to learn Covid’s old news, lockdowns over, Derby survived quite comfortably in the end and are now owned by the Worlds 4th wealthiest man, Bielik just sprained his knee after all, my Bitcoin has quintripled and Megan Fox has finally returned my calls.

5 minutes ago, Silko said:

Well that’s sums up our season nicely .... I have a deep seated sense of dread every time I hear Waghorn is getting anywhere near the pitch 

Re compose ourselves for the second half focus on the matter in hand then see what the Bielik situation is 

Me too.

Just looking at ACL re-rupture rates and their allegedly running at around 4%. I'd say it was nearer 80% at Derby. Felt like someone had punched me in the gut when Krystian went down. Of all the players to lose, it had to be him. That will have hurt the lads. Now is the time the warriors like Shinnie and Kazim need to get into the lads and make sure heads don't drop, but that's a tough ask. Seen some bad injuries playing rugby including two broken necks. It's really hard to stomach. 

1 minute ago, Birdyabroad said:

Kin ell, we are cursed, I’ve turned the game off - I was enjoying every moment until the injury.

It’s just one piece of bad news after another, after another being a Ram at the moment.

I would like to go and hibernate like a bear in a cave for the next four months, wake up at the start of summer to learn Covid’s old news, lockdowns over, Derby survived quite comfortably in the end and are now owned by the Worlds 4th wealthiest man, Bielik just sprained his knee after all, my Bitcoin has quintripled and Megan Fox has finally returned my calls.

Megan is usually very good at returning calls in my experience

I think their substitution and change of shape has as much to do with their revival as Bielik going off.

Ref also have them 2 soft free kicks which helped their momentum.

We should have been 2 up though. We have to learn to score  a second goal when we are on top 

Archived