Derby Vs Bristol City 30/1/21 3pm - Matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JarodyDCFC said:

Can someone explain to me why our pitch is in such a state?

Don't know for sure but the obvious theory is that we're cost cutting throughout the club as we run out of money and the grounds staff have taken a hit.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Weird, because I’m sure none of the Derby players have reacted like that. I seem to remember Forsyth sort of just lying there and limping off.

In fairness Forsyth landed on a bag of morphine when he went down.

I didn't see it tbh, but a full tear won't allow you to place weight through it, so if he'd done that he must have hopped off rather than limped off.

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've seen a bunch of players do it in American football and it's always obvious and they are in agony.

I cannot ever remember thinking somebody had done m and ACL and then it turned out to be just a knock.

Playing on is close to impossible because you cannot fully extend your leg. If anybody was hard/stupid enough to play on (Robert Griffin III did it for the Washington Redskins) it would be glaringly obvious.

I haven't seen it, but the reaction of you guys has me worried. 

Sam Winnall played on for us I believe 

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Could be MCL - they're often more painful.

Could be both. 

ACL is always the first to go. When the foot is firmly placed on the floor and a force comes in from a lateral position and the hip can't externally rotate then it doesn't take much force. Part of the reason blades were banned. 

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

In fairness Forsyth landed on a bag of morphine when he went down.

I didn't see it tbh, but a full tear won't allow you to place weight through it, so if he'd done that he must have hopped off rather than limped off.

‘Limped off’ was the wrong expression. I think he was helped off by two members of staff, so he probably didn’t put any weight on it.

Well that’s sums up our season nicely .... I have a deep seated sense of dread every time I hear Waghorn is getting anywhere near the pitch 

Re compose ourselves for the second half focus on the matter in hand then see what the Bielik situation is 

Archived