Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

16 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

I agree, this board is bipolar, insulting MM for buying players and running up debts then insulting him for not buying players when we have no money. I say no spend, tighten our belts and sweat the assets we have.

That's not necessarily true though is it an extremely simplistic and a potentially puerile way of considering things. 

I haven't seen many or indeed any comments insulting Morris for not buying players and given that potentially we still have a few days to acquire new playing staff it does seem an odd comment to make. 

5 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I expect a double figure bid for either sibley or knight before window closes just a hunch. I could see sublet going if a offer of about 8 million came in knowing how we do business in the past and even more so now we struggle to pay players 

No on will pay £10m for Sibley at this point. We wouldn't get half that up front.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

No on will pay £10m for Sibley at this point. We wouldn't get half that up front.

Sibley needs to be a first team regular playing really well to warrant a hefty transfer fee. In fairness we now have a lot of players in the squad that are not getting regular games. Unavoidable with such a small squad.

1 hour ago, MickD said:

Yes we need 2, but, what we have to do without the periscope.  Unload the ballast, Das Boot them out and dive into the loan market.  Maybe MM is just conning us and the takeover is a bridge too far.

These puns are plumbing new depths 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Take a look at the Transfer Forum thread. 80% of the subject matters on there are about players who have already left the club or potentially could leave the club over the next week.

If there were going to see 3 players incoming then I would expect to see some smoke to support the fire. There's nothing.

That’s not how things work with the Derby the past few seasons though. There have been a number of times when players have been linked and signed within a couple of days. The club is very good at keeping tight lipped. I imagine in all the chaos and confusion at the minute, some info could slip but it’s just as likely that very few people know the names and are keeping them hidden away at the minute.

I think with 6 days to go, there’s still time. And with some frees being looked at, they can be signed later on too

Gibbs-White on loan from Wolves. 

can play out wide or through the middle, pacey, skilful, creative. 

Was on loan at Swansea start of the season but got recalled as bench cover when Jimenez suffered his fractured skull v Arsenal.

Wolves have just signed a new striker so Gibbs-White should be back available for loan again.

Thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Gibbs-White on loan from Wolves. 

can play out wide or through the middle, pacey, skilful, creative. 

Was on loan at Swansea start of the season but got recalled as bench cover when Jimenez suffered his fractured skull v Arsenal.

Wolves have just signed a new striker so Gibbs-White should be back available for loan again.

Thoughts? 

Hmm only scored 1 goal in over 60 first team appearances , think we need someone with more fitness and quality in the final 3rd with the situation we are in 

7 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hmm only scored 1 goal in over 60 first team appearances , think we need someone with more fitness and quality in the final 3rd with the situation we are in 

Think I'd rather have him over playing Knight out wide. 

Also, Swansea were doing very well start of the season with him in the side. 

Although 1 in 60 isn't great, nearly all of those appearances were as a sub for last 10 mins of a game.

22 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No. Wayne would like to bring players in.

But he's said if the takeover doesn't happen then we'll go with what we have.

Do I not remember something about him having targets for if the takeover happens and another set of targets if the takeover fails? I would be supprised if Wayne would have took the job if he wasn't guaranteed backing (funds) either way.