Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

We've now lost Duane Holmes & Mike Te Wierik

Curtis Davies is out injured, Marriott is out on loan & Rooney has hung up his boots

The 1st eleven, plus Roos, Forsyth, Bird, Lawrence, Sibley, Waghorn are good enough but it's a very thin line that we are treading if we get injuries particularly to centre back & conventional centre forward . We have emerging young talent but lacking experience

I'm guessing 2 loan players in before the deadline & please, no more transfers out

Edited by SamUltraRam

30 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

We've now lost Duane Holmes & Mike Te Wierik

Curtis Davies is out injured, Marriott is out on loan & Rooney has hung up his boots

The 1st eleven, plus Roos, Forsyth, Bird, Lawrence, Sibley, Waghorn are good enough but it's a very thin line that we are treading if we get injuries particularly to centre back & conventional centre forward . We have emerging young talent but lacking experience

I'm guessing 2 loan players in before the deadline & please, no more transfers out

Exactly what you say, SUR. Who is now left that is out of contract at the end of this season.  I suppose decision need making in that asap.

Can't understand why anyone thinks we are bringing players in? Or will be bringing players in?

We have just manage to scrape enough pennies together to pay our current crop of players.

The takeover is quite clearly not happening and Morris is not putting any more of his money into the club. So much so that he just didn't pay the players.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can't understand why anyone thinks we are bringing players in? Or will be bringing players in?

We have just manage to scrape enough pennies together to pay our current crop of players.

The takeover is quite clearly not happening and Morris is not putting any more of his money into the club. So much so that he just didn't pay the players.

and tbf, if Derby came in for one of your players, there’d be none of this deferred payments or bonus clauses, you’d want the money up front, cash, in a suitcase, or no deal.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Unfortunately have to agree, Rooney is doing what he has to do force the owners hand and sound positive for the fans, he’s not going to say we’re skint we won’t bring anyone in... we had this with Cocu last January it was next week no next week 

There will be incomings. 

Pretty sure Waz will get 2-3 done, but they will be short term frees or loans. 

Some form of defensive cover. After losing Dutch Mike and Curtis we're a bit short. Youngish loanee I'd expect. 

Striker the other likely one -  either Niasse or Blackwell the obvious, but not sure we can land either so may have to look at plan c. 

Maybe a right/centre mid to add quality or depth. Can't say Morrison excites me. 

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I expect a double figure bid for either sibley or knight before window closes just a hunch. I could see sublet going if a offer of about 8 million came in knowing how we do business in the past and even more so now we struggle to pay players 

Not going anywhere though. Rooney already knows which players are capable of challenging for promotion next year and he plans to keep them. He cannot stop Gordon leaving however.

37 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wayne thinks that he is bringing players in. He is the manager after all.

53 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It was down to the potential new owners to pay Dec wages which is why Morris never paid them, exactly the same as last year. Mel has paid the wages every month since then so why wouldn't he now? 

How does anyone know how much money Mel has since freed up to pay Dec & Jan wages? 

6 hours ago, r4derby said:

That would be disappointing, considering Rooney has stated he’s been told to line players up and we were already short of options before the 2 left. I reckon we will see at least 1 in, either a loan or free, ideally 2 or 3.

Take a look at the Transfer Forum thread. 80% of the subject matters on there are about players who have already left the club or potentially could leave the club over the next week.

If there were going to see 3 players incoming then I would expect to see some smoke to support the fire. There's nothing.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Take a look at the Transfer Forum thread. 80% of the subject matters on there are about players who have already left the club or potentially could leave the club over the next week.

If there were going to see 3 players incoming then I would expect to see some smoke to support the fire. There's nothing.

Maybe they are hiding in plain sight ?