Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

Some possible loans:

Kamil Grosicki (West Brom) - Winger - reported to have just rejected Forest. Maybe our Polish lads could persuade him

Shane Long (Southampton) - Striker - started only 1 game for them all season. Would be great at pressing but not a prolific goal scorer.

Matej Vydra (Burnley) - Striker - also only started 1 games all season. An excellent finisher but probably not the type of striker we need, I also doubt he has the work ethic Rooney is after.

4 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

If the rumours about Glenn Murray being available are true I'd be keen so long as his wages arent crazy. 

Even slower and less mobile than Kazim but he his touch and finishing are a higher level. The 2 of them as options with Waggy and the youths in reserve would make me feel much more comfortable for the remainder of the season 

The Hughton factor may drag him to the dark side though as their 50th transfer of the year and 100th squad member

Waggy would be a ‘youth’ compared to those two. 

Lansbury released by Villa, linked with Bristol City, been linked with Sharp this window so may as well be linked to Lansbury too.

For me he would be a good option in midfield, add abit of experience to our centre mids, Shinnie is our only experienced one. Still only 30, been round for years

Edited by DCFC1388

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Some possible loans:

Kamil Grosicki (West Brom) - Winger - reported to have just rejected Forest. Maybe our Polish lads could persuade him

Shane Long (Southampton) - Striker - started only 1 game for them all season. Would be great at pressing but not a prolific goal scorer.

Matej Vydra (Burnley) - Striker - also only started 1 games all season. An excellent finisher but probably not the type of striker we need, I also doubt he has the work ethic Rooney is after.

Out of those three i would like us to sign Grosicki most. Great player especially at championship level. Fairly sure Big Sam has been using him as a sub at West Brom though. 

Can't see Shane Long being allowed to leave with all Southampton's injury problems.

With regards Vydra, like you say great finisher, but only for that one season with us really. Every time I've ever seen him play for Burnley he misses all his chances. 

One player to add to is Henry Lansbury. Just had his contract at villa mutually terminated to allow him to find a new club. Good attacking midfielder, think he can also play on the right as well. 

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Some possible loans:

Grosicki, yes please.

14 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Out of those three i would like us to sign Grosicki most. Great player especially at championship level. Fairly sure Big Sam has been using him as a sub at West Brom though. 

Can't see Shane Long being allowed to leave with all Southampton's injury problems.

With regards Vydra, like you say great finisher, but only for that one season with us really. Every time I've ever seen him play for Burnley he misses all his chances. 

One player to add to is Henry Lansbury. Just had his contract at villa mutually terminated to allow him to find a new club. Good attacking midfielder, think he can also play on the right as well. 

Yes please.