v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

OK, maybe disgrace is the wrong word. I just don’t think we should accept losing 3 or 4-0 and beyond, just because the kids are playing.

Otherwise, the club should be pushing for a postponement if they feel the boys aren’t ready to compete.

As it is, the club haven’t done that so while yes we should expect that the lads will be overmatched in some ways, they can still showcase why they have been recruited by a club and academy as well regarded as ours.

Yes, tomorrow’s result will have a massive asterisk whatever happens, but I’d be hoping for a respectable and creditable performance.

Chorley winning 3 or 4-0 wouldn’t suggest that.

Hold on, so now it’s “and beyond”?

How do you know the club didn’t push for postponement?

I’m also hoping for creditable performance and, ideally a win but, I won’t be fuming with the FA if we did end up losing say 3:0 and I certainly won’t be describing it as a non respectable performance. These lads are still growing in strength and learning. Hasn’t the EFL Trophy or whatever it’s called shown that junior teams, even from Premier League clubs are often no match for seniors from lower leagues? 

Obviously nowhere near the same gap in league positions as us v Chorley but, now 4:1 to Liverpool with Liverpool 84% possessions. So whilst I’ve not been watching the game, it does sound very much like the one sided affair you’d expect after all. Nothing for Villa to be ashamed of as there wouldn’t be, in my opinion if we lost 3:0.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If the average age drops any lower we'll be the P-rams! 

Oh dear ?

I’ll tell you what though, I’m going to feel well old tomorrow. This will probably be the first time the entire Derby first team lineup is younger than me. I mean, it’s always going to happen some day, but I wasn’t expecting it to be when I’m 20!

Pure Roy of the Rovers stuff now, with players who may not even make it in the game pushing for a start. If you're fit you make the bench. Might even end up with under 16s on the bench at this rate.

I'm not expecting any miracles, if the players perform something like they did in the Dortmund game last season we may be able to pull off what could be seen as a shock result. The under 18s defensive record and results this season don't inspire confidence, but then so many players are playing above their age group.

Best you can hope is someone surprising is included, or someone like Duncan has belief to step up, score a couple to put himself in the first team reckoning, and we can keep them out at the other end.

Still expect a better game than Barrow.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

I have no idea. Lancashire Lad has been on all week touting tickets for Chorley and today we find that those generous Rams who obliged are helping to fund a heating system to make sure Chorley take full advantage of our plight.

Corr! thanks for that Charlie.  Looks like I’ve been mugged out of a tenner by some Chorley ticket tout spiv!

Mind you, I thought there was summat fishy about these virtual tickets when he said I was sat next to Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie. 

..........................you wait till that Lancashire Lad comes on here again, I’ll give him what for!

29 minutes ago, Rev said:

I find the 'We can't physically compete with kids argument a strange one'.

Anytime you see a fight on a night out, you'd always back the young gym bunny professional athlete against a 30 year old builder who plays football part time. 

They might have the edge when it comes to knowhow, but we shouldn't be out muscled.

I hope so. Physique is a funny thing isn’t it. When I saw Bielik the other week he just looked like a fit but lanky young lad .. what is he 22 ? .. on the pitch he looks like a beast. There are plenty of full grown beefies at 20/21 .. but some light weights too ... hummm ... for me I just hope the pitch is good. It’s that that will help us more when dealing with any possible lack of muscle or kilograms 

Well here goes..it's been joy this week to have the crack with the Derby fans our here, Unfortunately your coming up the M6 with the under 18/19s but it's still Chorley FC biggest ever Match in there 130+ history. 

The generosity shown by your supporters has been absolutely brilliant, you've donated to our virtual match ticket offer in numbers and tonight you've even donated to the half time raffle that we've set up the Chorley fc supporters trust.

Good on you all?

7 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

Tonight you've even donated to the half time raffle that we've set up the Chorley fc supporters trust.

Good on you all?

I second this. I've been texting out many golden goal numbers to Derby fans this evening. Still some left if you fancy grabbing yourself a golden goal ticket. 

https://cfcst.org/store/#!/Golden-Goal/p/95160770

1 hour ago, Lancashire lad said:

The tents were ordered aweek ago due to the horrendous long forcast .They were due to go out on the pitch weds but brought forward to Tues ( as I explained earlier in the week) . If you had a full squad the heaters were still ordered

Don't worry, we all love our own club so ignore the odd, slightly churlish comments. 

Truth be told if - by good luck, favourable draws and circumstance - we were playing Everton or Aston Villa in the semi final it would be a huge game for us and I would do anything to see it played if Covid was casting a shadow over it.... 

BUT if then the opposition were then all suddenly struck down... and the final suddenly beckoned...I'd be very happy to play their under 9s if it meant we would progress. 

All the best and if we have to lose then I'd prefer it to be a team like your's. 

Think we may get bullied and lose by the odd goal or 2. Potentially not even going to be an 11 that used to playing together so hope it's not just really scrappy. 

11 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nowt wrong with a tear-up down King Street or better still on the Coppice after spilling out of the Nags Head on the Market Place. 

Still remember it all vividly as I lounge on my astrakhan throw, tucking into my kumquat and pomegranate glacé.....?

There’s absolutely no way you’ve ever been in a tear-up?

2 hours ago, California Ram. said:

Just wanted to check if I'm right that we now have 38 players out..? I make it 

Roos, Marshall, Idem, Clarke, Te Wierik, Davies, Buchanan, Forsyth, Wisdom, Byrne, McDonald, Wassell, Cashin, Bielik, Bird, Shinnie, Evans, Knight, Holmes, Sibley, Rooney, Watson, Dixon, Minkley Lawrence, Joswiak, Ibe, Whittaker, Waghorn, Kazim-Richards, Hector-Ingram, Stretton, Gordon, Shonibare, Mitchell-Lawson plus the 3 unnamed u-23 tests ? 

I imagine Foster as well. Don't think Wassall, Dixon and Shonibare would be included though.

Archived