v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me cynical but they can afford to heat the pitch to make sure the game is on in order to take full advantage of our situation. This way they can ensure there won’t be a postponement due to Chorley FC. This leaves us either sending a depleted junior side or forfeit the game.

Both options give Chorley a great chance of progressing to round 4.

It’s not exactly sporting. A sporting thing to do would be let nature freeze it off and then play the game as it was meant to be. If they then get a giant killing, good on them

And they have the nerve to ask us to buy virtual tickets.

I’ll be keeping my money in my pocket. These Chorley chancers can do one.

Fair play to the guys who got Chorley 11/1 - mega value when you consider the ramifications of our covid tests. It's largely going to be the U18 side, who have been in fairly bad form recently. They lost 3-0 to Wolves then 4-0 to Man Utd and THEN 7-0 to Man City. Admittedly, they beat Blackburn 5-1 more recently, but aside from the one or two players I've not been enamored by their ability. 

Ola Ibrahim will be good to watch. I do think this will be a comprehensive loss though, Chorley will be going all out and have a great chance of progressing.  

12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Call me cynical but they can afford to heat the pitch to make sure the game is on in order to take full advantage of our situation. This way they can ensure there won’t be a postponement due to Chorley FC. This leaves us either sending a depleted junior side or forfeit the game.

It’s not exactly sporting. A sporting thing to do would be let nature freeze it off and then play the game as it was meant to be. If they then get a giant killing, good on them

The Chorley chancers paid thousands of pounds a week ago, when you hadn't even had the covid tests . They were desperate for the match  to be on.Its Chorley FC biggest ever game.  The did not chance it 

10 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Not very charitable. 

I’m sure Chorley would have done exactly the same regarding protecting the pitch regardless of our situation.

I have absolutely nothing against them or the actions they have taken.

If they beat us, as I expect they will without too much difficulty (we have decent bunch of youngsters and I’m sure they’ll do us proud but it is literally men against boys) I wish them well in the next round.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not very charitable. 

I’m sure Chorley would have done exactly the same regarding protecting the pitch regardless of our situation.

I have absolutely nothing against them or the actions they have taken.

If they beat us, as I expect they will without too much difficulty (we have decent bunch of youngsters and I’m sure they’ll do us proud but it is literally men against boys) I wish them well in the next round.

I was happy with this all the time the FA were the ones calling the shots but now that Chorley are fully aware of our predicament and are pulling out all the stops to make sue they take full advantage, well it leaves a bad taste.

9 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

The Chorley chancers paid thousands of pounds a week ago, when you hadn't even had the covid tests . They were desperate for the match  to be on.Its Chorley FC biggest ever game.  The did not chance it 

1 hour ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Serious question here. Having been away for a while, I've not seen any B4 posts. Is he ok? 

He has not posted for a week. Hope he is ok. Don't always agree with him, in fact i have him on ignore at present for personal reasons at present.

Can one of the mods PM him to see if there is a reply?

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I was happy with this all the time the FA were the ones calling the shots but now that Chorley are fully aware of our predicament and are pulling out all the stops to make sue they take full advantage, well it leaves a bad taste.

They had implemented a plan for the heating before news of the outbreak came out..?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They had implemented a plan for the heating before news of the outbreak came out..?

I have no idea. Lancashire Lad has been on all week touting tickets for Chorley and today we find that those generous Rams who obliged are helping to fund a heating system to make sure Chorley take full advantage of our plight.

12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I have no idea. Lancashire Lad has been on all week touting tickets for Chorley and today we find that those generous Rams who obliged are helping to fund a heating system to make sure Chorley take full advantage of our plight.

Get over it 

27 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

You seem remarkably bitter about this game for some reason.

Just wanted to check if I'm right that we now have 38 players out..? I make it 

Roos, Marshall, Idem, Clarke, Te Wierik, Davies, Buchanan, Forsyth, Wisdom, Byrne, McDonald, Wassell, Cashin, Bielik, Bird, Shinnie, Evans, Knight, Holmes, Sibley, Rooney, Watson, Dixon, Minkley Lawrence, Joswiak, Ibe, Whittaker, Waghorn, Kazim-Richards, Hector-Ingram, Stretton, Gordon, Shonibare, Mitchell-Lawson plus the 3 unnamed u-23 tests ? 

38 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

They new they'd have to use it because the forcast said -3 to -5 everynight for the whole week . 

I suspect that they probably thought it was a worthwhile cost to incur to ensure the game goes ahead and they pocket tv cash from BT. A rearranged game carries no guarantee of live coverage.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

I'll just leave this here, and remind you that we got the positive tests on the day after. 

On 03/01/2021 at 20:30, Lancashire lad said:

The club have hired huge tents from Wednesday with heaters blowing in them.  The clubs groundsman doesnt expect any problems with pitch. 

Archived