v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Good news. 

I lumped £10 on Derby this morning. 

Given my betting record, you're assured of your money! ?

I'm not too fussed, I only had £5 on it. If we win happy days, if not then am I little happier than most ?

2 hours ago, JueCFC said:

Morning everyone!

Hope you're all looking forward to virtually sit at Victory Park tomorrow. If you really want the full effect, open all your windows and get someone to slowly pour water onto your head as the rain trickles through the gutters in the stands. 

Thank you to everyone who has bought a virtual ticket, you don't understand how much that means to us Chorley fans and how much this FA Cup run has done to our club bank balance.

I am a board member of Chorley FC Supporters Trust and have organised a virtual raffle and virtual golden goal. If you fancy taking part in either of these and perhaps winning some money in the process then the links are below.

Thanks again for your efforts and may the best team win. 

Virtual Golden Goal

Virtual Raffle

It's only been a few hours but I just wanted to echo the above again.

Since this post we have sold several golden goal and raffle tickets with many supporters wishing us luck (After tomorrow's game obviously...).

This looked like a potentially huge banana skin with us being at or near full strength.

I really wanted us to play as strong a side as possible, but as we can’t do that and it’s out of our hands, it’s basically a free hit now.

Yes, our kids are good, but I don’t think anyone would expect them to advance in the circumstances. It’s men against boys.

Provided we don’t disgrace ourselves and provided we don’t concede 3 or 4, I think we can chalk this up as a good experience and yardstick for the kids and move on.

The Rotherham game next week is much more important.

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So.............How do I get to watch via BT Sport without paying £25.00 for a monthly pass? Any ideas?

What phone network are you with? If you or someone in your house is on EE then you can get a months mobile pass for £10 I think it is...then just cast it to your TV (as long as you have chrome cast or a tv with it built in!).

Thats what I do anyway!

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

This looked like a potentially huge banana skin with us being at or near full strength.

I really wanted us to play as strong a side as possible, but as we can’t do that and it’s out of our hands, it’s basically a free hit now.

Yes, our kids are good, but I don’t think anyone would expect them to advance in the circumstances. It’s men against boys.

Provided we don’t disgrace ourselves and provided we don’t concede 3 or 4, I think we can chalk this up as a good experience and yardstick for the kids and move on.

The Rotherham game next week is much more important.

I agree although I wouldn't necessarily consider conceding 3 or 4 as a disgrace. 

Just read a story on the 'News Now' website that Newcastle United manager, Steve Bruce has commented on the Chorley vs Derby FA Cup game and said that it's 'devaluing' the competition. 

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce has criticised the decision for Derby County’s FA Cup clash against Chorley to be played, stating that it ‘devalues’ the competition.

It has been decided that the Rams’ third-round clash will go ahead, despite the majority of the first-team squad completing a ten-day isolation period after a number of positive coronavirus tests among players and staff.

It means that Derby will have to field a side made up of players from the clubs under 23 and under 18 squads, Wayne Rooney will also be in isolation meaning that Pat Lyons and Gary Bowyer will lead the team from the sidelines.

Steve Bruce has conveniently forgotten that the club he used to play for, Man Utd, withdrew from the FA Cup in 1999 because they were involved in another European competition, surely they devalued the competition by doing that, but didn't hear him criticising them then.  Hypocrisy from Bruce me thinks! 

21 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Good luck with that!

Win by less than 3 and all of them will be condemned to careers in non-league "at best" and prioritized for banishment from the club immediately.

Some forum tempers do tend to run high if the team performs poorly.

Hopefully, the young side all show they have some talent and desire to play against a more experienced side who are going to be ?% up for it. That's all you can ask.

Good luck to Chorley after tomorrow, obviously.

These days where people are suffering and have another lock down, de valuing the cup is poo talk. premier leage clubs have bigger squads and can put out a weaker team when it suits.

we have to due to the pandemic are playing  lads who are more in a  professional role for Derby than few of the chorley lads? would you agree? 

this is how 2020-21 season is, lets just get it done and onto the next round, 20 euros gone on Derby for me

come on ewe lambs 

14 minutes ago, TomG said:

Steve Bruce has conveniently forgotten that the club he used to play for, Man Utd, withdrew from the FA Cup in 1999 because they were involved in another European competition, surely they devalued the competition by doing that, but didn't hear him criticising them then.  Hypocrisy from Bruce me thinks! 

Hmm.. not sure about the hypocrisy. I can't see one player having much of a influence on cup participation. He might have critised and could've done it within the team as it should be done.

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Hmm.. not sure about the hypocrisy. I can't see one player having much of a influence on cup participation. He might have critised and could've done it within the team as it should be done.

He wasn't actually at Man Utd when this happened, I think he'd moved to the Blades.  Just think it's a bit selective then.

Archived