v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had a prediction on the score I was going to guess at a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes. (well, before extra time anyway)  with Shonibare as RGS.

However, the way things are going I'm keeping shtum or I might find myself playing as a Rams striker!

Hope there's a result of some sort tomorrow after a good game!

55 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

How many virtual away tickets sold?

Nothing official as of yet. A tweet has been sent to the club for the answer to how many has been sold.  They have done a final push on social media tonight then I would expect a virtual attendance to be announced

If 3 players have tested positive in the past 24 hours, having trained with the squad that’s due to play tomorrow, then the whole lot of them need to self isolate surely? (I didn’t call you Shirley)

How can it possibly be a good idea to have the team travel to the game and play, possibly infecting a while number of people! Postpone the game, even if it means us having to forfeit. I’d like to think in this instance there would be another date set but likely not

Morally, this game shouldn't go ahead. We're having to play actual kids, this isnt fair on them or the staff. Do Chorley really want to play our under 18s? The whole situation stinks. Fingers crossed the pitch is frozen over tonight. 

Football thinks they're above people's health.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Morally, this game shouldn't go ahead. We're having to play actual kids, this isnt fair on them or the staff. Do Chorley really want to play our under 18s? The whole situation stinks. Fingers crossed the pitch is frozen over tonight. 

To freeze the pitch you might need to sabotage their heating system they’ve got going to keep this game on!

23 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

There are lots of people out there still working, most of them don't have the 'protocols' that football has to ensure their safety - you asking them to stay home too?

32 minutes ago, r4derby said:

If 3 players have tested positive in the past 24 hours, having trained with the squad that’s due to play tomorrow, then the whole lot of them need to self isolate surely? (I didn’t call you Shirley)

How can it possibly be a good idea to have the team travel to the game and play, possibly infecting a while number of people! Postpone the game, even if it means us having to forfeit. I’d like to think in this instance there would be another date set but likely not

Archived