v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The team is younger than I expected. Only 6 of the starters are in the U23 sqaud, with 2 on the bench.

Yates

Bardell   Solomon   Jinkinson   Williams

LThompson   Bateman   Hutchinson

Aghatise   Duncan   Cresswell

A lack of options in some positions means Williams fills in at LB (IMO he's best as a winger), and Aghatise starts on the wing when he always plays at CM

Radio led to believe it will be 3-5-2 formation

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

No Knight, Bielik or Marshall! Rooney has lost the plot here. It's an insult to all our fans who have travelled to the game. Pathetic!

Agreed 11 changes what is he doing!!

Anyway good luck lads and make the most of your opportunity.

Your first team debut only happens once.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Go and give everything on the pitch and you'll have nothing to be ashamed of lads. The whole club is behind you, COYL

But don’t get yourself sent off in the first twenty minutes.

Seriously though, trying too hard (if that’s possible) would be my main concern. I remember the U23’s game Sibley got sent off in recently and commenting before he got his red card that there were a lot of reckless tackles going in and we wouldn’t finish with 11 men.

Big ask for such young players but they need to put everything into the game but also play with maturity. It isn’t the same as if they were playing a big team but they could still be heroes today. COYR.

3 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Radio led to believe it will be 3-5-2 formation

Bateman Centre half, Aghatise more central, Cresswell up front. 

Thompson will have a lot to do in midfield, the others are more creative players. 

Archived