v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

12.15pm Kick Off,  Saturday 9th January, Live on BT Sports 1

Nice little break now for the players who let’s be honest, looked a little leggy tonight. 

With Rotherham on the 16th, we have another full week before the next game so the question is, and I know this is always a controversial one, but do you give the likes of Bielik, Knight and Jozwiak next week off, bring in Bird, Sibley central and Whittaker, bit of a rest?

Could this also be Rooney’s first game in permanent charge 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there,  firstly may I say after tonight's spying mission that I thought your lads deserved something the Sheff Weds match and were on the wrong end of a couple of dubious decisions .

On to the Fa Cup now..This will be the Magpies 1st ever match in round 3, in the previous 3 seasons Chorley have lost in Round 1 to Fleetwood Town, Doncaster Rovers in a replay after drawing 2-2 at home and Mansfield Town.

Many people think Derby will just need to turn up and looking at the names in your squad maybe that's a point. But this is the FA CUP and you just never know.

Since Chorley beat local rivals Wigan Athletic we have gone unbeaten in the league and FA Cup and now the club are chasing the play offs for the Conference.

It's to fair to say this cup run has SAVED the club. In May the club released 14 of the players that clinched promotion to the Conference along with Stockport County

Covid came and players went the future was bleak , now with wins against Gateshead, York City, a lucky bye to round one Wigan Athletic and Peterborough United all the doom and gloom has vanished.

I'm sure the pitch and the facilities will be a culture shock and who knows maybe a bit of a leveller ,but I do know this match is a free hit and like I said before " you just never know"

Our club have put a Crowdfunder up since March. They have been asking fans who cant attend matches to donate there Pie and Pint money. If any of your 1150 supporters ( would of been your allocation for the match) would like to donate please Google " help the Magpies fly through Covid " .

5 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

Hello there,  firstly may I say after tonight's spying mission that I thought your lads deserved something the Sheff Weds match and were on the wrong end of a couple of dubious decisions .

On to the Fa Cup now..This will be the Magpies 1st ever match in round 3, in the previous 3 seasons Chorley have lost in Round 1 to Fleetwood Town, Doncaster Rovers in a replay after drawing 2-2 at home and Mansfield Town.

Many people think Derby will just need to turn up and looking at the names in your squad maybe that's a point. But this is the FA CUP and you just never know.

Since Chorley beat local rivals Wigan Athletic we have gone unbeaten in the league and FA Cup and now the club are chasing the play offs for the Conference.

It's to fair to say this cup run has SAVED the club. In May the club released 14 of the players that clinched promotion to the Conference along with Stockport County

Covid came and players went the future was bleak , now with wins against Gateshead, York City, a lucky bye to round one Wigan Athletic and Peterborough United all the doom and gloom has vanished.

I'm sure the pitch and the facilities will be a culture shock and who knows maybe a bit of a leveller ,but I do know this match is a free hit and like I said before " you just never know"

Our club have put a Crowdfunder up since March. They have been asking fans who cant attend matches to donate there Pie and Pint money. If any of your 1150 supporters ( would of been your allocation for the match) would like to donate please Google " help the Magpies fly through Covid " .

Welcome.

I doubt many Derby fans or players really consider this anything like a walkover and I wouldn't get too starry eyed about the "names" in our squad. Many will be rested I should think and, apart from the Birmingham game, we can't score for toffee.

Nice idea about the crowd funding but, if our takeover doesn't go through we might all be chipping in to keep our club going. 

10 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

I'm sure not many Rams fans think that mate. It'll be a tough game. Hope it's a good game, love the FA Cup. #COYR

12 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

Not sure about that. Ours looks like it's been turned and left fallow since November

9 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

8 days away no one should need resting so it's all down to what the manager decides and no game after that for a full week so plenty of recovery time. 

Not saying I agree as I used to love the FA cup but, it's as much about giving some of the fringe players a run out/full game as resting others. Also, you don't want to be picking up any injuries in what might be a physical game (not saying Chorley are a dirty team - I've never seen them play but they'll no doubt be determined to get stuck in) and I don't know what the quality of their pitch is like.

ROOS

MCDONALD  EVANS  TE WIERIK  FORSYTH

BIRD

WATSON   HOLMES

WHITTAKER                                     IBE       

HECTOR-INGRAM                                           

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not saying I agree as I used to love the FA cup but, it's as much about giving some of the fringe players a run out/full game as resting others. Also, you don't want to be picking up any injuries in what might be a physical game (not saying Chorley are a dirty team - I've never seen them play but they'll no doubt be determined to get stuck in) and I don't know what the quality of their pitch is like.

One thing we definitely need to avoid with our squad is key players getting injuries so would imagine the likes of Bielik, camel and Knight will be rested. 

Archived