Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

Day

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Speaking as someone who has done his cruciate ligaments twice in one knee, you definitely can.

First time was ACL, MCL and PCL. Second time was just the ACL. 

And can you come back fit enough?  Hope he can. Quality player and whilst there’s not quite the love that we afforded George Thorne, I’m not sure we could stand another one of those heartbreaks. 

I think the transfer window as come at just the right time. 

I the very big disappointment of losing Bielik (for possibly the season) the excitement as returned with our new signings.

We signed not 1  or 2  but FIVE ! 

Who would have guessed that.

The whole atmosphere looking forward to next match has been transformed from how will we possibly cope with Bielik loss to which out of the FIVE new guys are going play.

Another Rooney masterstroke.

He maybe a rookie manager but he's learning very fast. 

9 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

And can you come back fit enough?  Hope he can. Quality player and whilst there’s not quite the love that we afforded George Thorne, I’m not sure we could stand another one of those heartbreaks. 

Hard to say, I also lost the cartilage in my knee so that creates additional problems. I was in the army when I did the first one and it resulted in a medical discharge, so in respect to my army career it ended it. My injury isn't really comparable to Bielik. If he has only done a single ligament and the rest of the joint is relatively unharmed (cartilage, kneecap etc) then he might be ok. If there is wider damage to the knee then I suspect he might end up like a Bullard type. Lots of talent, never really fit.

'As the polish Sport.pl learned, the Pole on Monday evening received the results of tests for an injured knee and these left no illusions. Barely two months after returning to the game, they sound like a verdict - a re-rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament operated a year ago. This involves another multi-month break (from 6 to 10 months) and painless rehabilitation.'

So unlucky, fatigue is often to blame for first time ACLs, not sure about when it happens twice ? 

I would have been happy (ish) with no transfers this window and this not to have happened, not just for the club but him as well.

As Rab a dab doo said, whilst there is never a good time for anybody to get such an horrific injury, the transfer window did indeed come at the best possible time for us.

Absolutely gutted for KB. I was a George Thorne fan, but I think KB had (and hopefully still has) the potential to be even getter. He was beginning to look imperious, and though Wayne is getting the plaudits for the recent upturn in form, I believe that KB's return to fitness was the biggest factor. He simply made the formation tick, a rock wall in front of the back four, a beast in the middle of the pitch, and effortless going forward. He will be a massive loss.

Whoever comes in has got some massive boots to fill!

I am gutted for him but the team aswell.

He was proving to be the linchpin, turning defence into attack.

I am a big fan of Bird, Knight and Shinnie but, though they will cover for him, none could fulfill the role that Bielik was doing in the same, highly effective way.

As much as we credit Rooney for the upturn - and he deserves to be credited - the return to full fitness of Bielik (and Kazim-Richards) have been major factors.

Devastating news for us and him, he'd worked so hard to get back and was fast becoming easily our best player, but also one of the best players in the division. Can't believe this has happened again in a position that always seems so crucial to how we play.

I really hope he's not out for the whole 10 months and he's able to return the same player he was. All the best Krystian! 

Archived