Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

David

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Trying to find positives and this is the best I can come up with: hopefully there is enough in this team to survive relegation with Bielik. Maybe it would be worse if we were gunning for promotion and lost our best player? 

I'm not sure that'd be worse, although I remember being at the Ipswich game and feeling physically sick when GT got injured.

I agree I think now the team has developed a bit more belief and identity, I do think it's probably got enough to scrape through, and next season is a new season.

On 30/01/2021 at 19:58, Millenniumram said:

I dislocated my kneecap a couple of years back. Think of the pain you’d feel if someone dropped an anvil on your baalocks. Then treble it. Still makes me wince thinking about it. But I don’t think that’s what Bielik has done - he was rolling around on the floor when he first went down, when I did mine I couldn’t move. 

FWIW, I couldn’t do any strenuous exercise like football for 6-10 weeks after doing mine, as I ended up spraining a ligament in the process. So it’s not necessarily an immediate recovery.

But consider the mental damage.

It's always hard to evaluate from the pain what has happened. For example, I've done my ACL three times. Once it hurt a bit, other two not that much. And you don't necessary need ACL to play football, I can guarantee you that. Also, I've tried to walk off fractured tibia and fibula. That walking part hurt but not that badly. It was just slightly uncomfortable to feel the bone trying to come through the skin. 

Give a papercut or flu and I'm whining like a baby.

Hope his body won't break down after two serious injuries. It's always s possibility, look what happened to Thorne.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the lad, another piece of bad luck to add to the rest in recent seasons for us. As my dad used to say 'cheer up, it could be worse' ... so I cheered up, and sure enough it got worse ?

55 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It's always hard to evaluate from the pain what has happened. For example, I've done my ACL three times. Once it hurt a bit, other two not that much. And you don't necessary need ACL to play football, I can guarantee you that. Also, I've tried to walk off fractured tibia and fibula. That walking part hurt but not that badly. It was just slightly uncomfortable to feel the bone trying to come through the skin. 

DE6DFF87-0BAB-4202-B033-80D3DB648CEA.gif

Archived