Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

David

Just listening to the George Thorne podcast mentioned in the ex-rams thread. He uses the exact phrase of cowfield for the pitch when he did his ACL for us in the pre-season friendly which has been mentioned on here since yesterday. What is it with us and that position. If I played there would never sign for us!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Just listening to the George Thorne podcast mentioned in the ex-rams thread. He uses the exact phrase of cowfield for the pitch when he did his ACL for us in the pre-season friendly which has been mentioned on here since yesterday. What is it with us and that position. If I played there would never sign for us!

Cant agree with you .. that’s finger pointy blame game and really not helpful. The pitch is a natural thing, subject to weather and a raft of other stuff  -  generally speaking ours is par for the course or better. This is also a physical contact sport with athletes playing at maximum revs .. injuries will happen. The pitch isn’t great at the moment but indifferent pitches go with the job. As do the risks and the salary. It is muddy and wet but it isn’t a ploughed field. 

There seems to be some tentative news .. I am hearing that maybe ligaments are ok .. to be confirmed on Monday .. rooting for you KB ?

11 minutes ago, jono said:

There seems to be some tentative news .. I am hearing that maybe ligaments are ok .. to be confirmed on Monday .. rooting for you KB ?

The good news is that apparently there is a super-duper novel surgery involving ligament transplants.

The bad news is that George Thorne is the donor.

?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Where you heard this Jono?? 

Just saw a piece somewhere quoting the Polish team doctor. If the news is good it might be weeks rather than months but it is just supposition at present.. I guess we will know Monday /  Tuesday. My feeling is it could go either way but there was a sense / glimmer of hope. 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Cant agree with you .. that’s finger pointy blame game and really not helpful. The pitch is a natural thing, subject to weather and a raft of other stuff  -  generally speaking ours is par for the course or better. This is also a physical contact sport with athletes playing at maximum revs .. injuries will happen. The pitch isn’t great at the moment but indifferent pitches go with the job. As do the risks and the salary. It is muddy and wet but it isn’t a ploughed field. 

Perhaps you would please read my post more carefully. There was no "finger pointy blame game" in my post. I was remarking on the coincidence of choice of phrase having just that minute listened to George. Your post is the unhelpful one in being antagonistic to someone who generally takes a reasonable stance on here and who was merely making an observation. Strangely after following Derby since I was old enough to make that unfathomable choice around 40 years ago, I am aware a pitch is a natural thing, that football is a contact game and that hopefully our players are playing at maximum revs. I had missed the rain and mud bit though being shielded again. But thank you for explaining as I hadnt realised all of that

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps you would please read my post more carefully. There was no "finger pointy blame game" in my post. I was remarking on the coincidence of choice of phrase having just that minute listened to George. Your post is the unhelpful one in being antagonistic to someone who generally takes a reasonable stance on here and who was merely making an observation. Strangely after following Derby since I was old enough to make that unfathomable choice around 40 years ago, I am aware a pitch is a natural thing, that football is a contact game and that hopefully our players are playing at maximum revs. I had missed the rain and mud bit though being shielded again. But thank you for explaining as I hadnt realised all of that

Now jono go and stand in the corner, Being told off is worse than a smack in the mouth.

23 minutes ago, jono said:

Just saw a piece somewhere quoting the Polish team doctor. If the news is good it might be weeks rather than months but it is just supposition at present.. I guess we will know Monday /  Tuesday. My feeling is it could go either way but there was a sense / glimmer of hope. 

I wouldn't take that as a glimmer of hope, the full quote is as below.

"I talked to Krystian. Unfortunately, the injury affects the same knee. Research on Monday. The prognosis is average, but Krystian still has hope."

"In the event of a rupture of Bielik's cruciate ligaments, there would be a break of several months. He could forget about playing for Euro 2020. If the ligaments are not damaged, the disconnection with the ball will probably take several weeks."

My mate once dislocated his knee cap (visibly one of the most disgusting things I’ve witness) playing 5 a side, lay on the floor for an hour and a half waiting for the ambulance to turn up. They turned up and in excitement he turned around and his knee cap popped back into place, he hasn’t played since. Not related to the injury he just can’t be arsed to play but hopefully Bielik will play for us again anyway.

22 minutes ago, Lander said:

My mate once dislocated his knee cap (visibly one of the most disgusting things I’ve witness) playing 5 a side,  he hasn’t played since. Not related to the injury he just can’t be arsed to play but hopefully Bielik will play for us again anyway.

Happily there has never been the slightest indication that bielik can’t be arsed to play 

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I am not usually antagonistic, Sure you refer to the DM position but you’re on it with the pitch to my mind as well. And you love a bite back don’t you ? Not antagonistic ? Hummm

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

I wouldn't take that as a glimmer of hope, the full quote is as below.

"I talked to Krystian. Unfortunately, the injury affects the same knee. Research on Monday. The prognosis is average, but Krystian still has hope."

"In the event of a rupture of Bielik's cruciate ligaments, there would be a break of several months. He could forget about playing for Euro 2020. If the ligaments are not damaged, the disconnection with the ball will probably take several weeks."

I think Billy .. what I was implying was, as we stand now it might not be cruciates .. which in my mind is a glimmer of hope

but .. yeas, I get your point, it’s a slim chance .. I’d still rather cling on to the hope that it’s 6-8 weeks rather than 9-12 months. 

9 hours ago, jono said:

I think Billy .. what I was implying was, as we stand now it might not be cruciates .. which in my mind is a glimmer of hope

but .. yeas, I get your point, it’s a slim chance .. I’d still rather cling on to the hope that it’s 6-8 weeks rather than 9-12 months. 

I hope your right ?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I did an acl and then after the rebuild did medial ligaments in the same knee skiing. 

The acl was a full rupture, the medial a slight tear but the latter was far more painful and took a couple of months to heal naturally. 

So here's hoping. 

After I snapped an ACL in a badminton tournament, my knee never recovered, despite the surgery.  Tore the meniscus later, so another op and then last year I had to go full knee replacement, due to wear.  Hope this doesn't dog Krystian's career.  Bit of a life changer, sadly.

16 hours ago, Lander said:

My mate once dislocated his knee cap (visibly one of the most disgusting things I’ve witness) playing 5 a side, lay on the floor for an hour and a half waiting for the ambulance to turn up. They turned up and in excitement he turned around and his knee cap popped back into place, he hasn’t played since. Not related to the injury he just can’t be arsed to play but hopefully Bielik will play for us again anyway.

What a ducking anti-climax.

Archived