Krystian Bielik is a very good footballer and worth every penny.

Day

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Dimmu said:

It's always hard to evaluate from the pain what has happened. For example, I've done my ACL three times. Once it hurt a bit, other two not that much. And you don't necessary need ACL to play football, I can guarantee you that. Also, I've tried to walk off fractured tibia and fibula. That walking part hurt but not that badly. It was just slightly uncomfortable to feel the bone trying to come through the skin. 

Give a papercut or flu and I'm whining like a baby.

Hope his body won't break down after two serious injuries. It's always s possibility, look what happened to Thorne.

Wasn't it the leg break that did it for Thorne? His first ACL was with WBA, 2nd in the Mac pre-season game. I thought he recovered from that pretty well, playing some good stuff in the Clement season

1 hour ago, jcidaho said:

how long left on his contract?

Still another 3.5 years, but it's the amortisation which will hinder us most in a worst case scenario

I  heard a theory that ACL injuries are more common now because players are fitter, faster and stronger than ever they where in the past. This causes more strain on the knee when changing direction causing the tear.

There may be something in this. The beer gusslers who we idolised in the past wouldn't be able to keep up with the game today but conversely I never heard of anyone doing an ACL back then.

I don't know if we as a team get more than most because I don't tend to look at other teams injury lists that much but when we do get one it tends to be to a key player.

If the news reports are correct, that is a huge blow for the club, for Rooney, and for the player.

It is the kind of situation that produces more questions than answers. Was it bad luck? Was it the pitch? Was it the intense schedule of games? Was it Bielik’s susceptibility to injury?

All I know is that he needs to stay calm, he needs to stay strong, work on his recovery and take his time. He is 23 after all. He has many bright years in the game ahead of him if he manages his recovery well.

It was like a new signing coming into the team in December, but hopefully we will build the squad in such a way so that when he does come back into the fold next season, we are able to rotate him in and out of games and look after his body a bit more.

People forget he is 23 and he has less than 100 career games to his name for a reason. He is a very talented player but we need to perhaps manage his game time in the same way we did with Chris Martin.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wasn't it the leg break that did it for Thorne? His first ACL was with WBA, 2nd in the Mac pre-season game. I thought he recovered from that pretty well, playing some good stuff in the Clement season

Still another 3.5 years, but it's the amortisation which will hinder us most in a worst case scenario

Yeah, it was. There used to be three career ending injuries in the 90's: ACL, ruptured achilles tendon and broken leg. ACL is pretty routine nowadays, risky but usually full recovery is likely. Achilles tendon's rarely happens anymore as the sports science is so much better nowadays. Broken legs are still worse, it ruined Rooney's career as a striker as well as he lost that important half a second when trying to get his leg free for shooting.

22 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

What part is not true, value for money ....................... I don't think so. I am not saying he is not a good footballer, but to be good value requires minutes on the pitch

So it is his own fault that he got injured?

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Yeah, it was. There used to be three career ending injuries in the 90's: ACL, ruptured achilles tendon and broken leg. ACL is pretty routine nowadays, risky but usually full recovery is likely. Achilles tendon's rarely happens anymore as the sports science is so much better nowadays. Broken legs are still worse, it ruined Rooney's career as a striker as well as he lost that important half a second when trying to get his leg free for shooting.

Maybe it's a gag im not getting ?‍♂️ When did Rooney break his leg ?

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I fail to see how he can be worth the money we paid when he spends more time injured than George is Thorne!

I think it's too early to judge, if we get to the end of his contract and he leaves having played a similar number of games a season he has so far then of course it will be hard to argue we got value for the money spent,  however if he comes back and resumes in the same form, which there is nothing to suggest he won't then he has plenty of time to prove to be worth the money we paid.

Far too early to be writing him off.

Archived